Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Installing AutoCad

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
1979afsana
310 Views, 2 Replies

Re-Installing AutoCad

My computer had recently crashed.  I am trying to reinstall Autocad Building Design Suite back on my computer.   After I did that it didn't work for me.  Then I was advised to uninstall everything.  I have done everything I possibly can to uninstall.  When I try to re install now it is telling me that the program still exisists.   I am really desperate for help as i am unable to continue with my work.  Please help ASAP!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
asburyj
in reply to: 1979afsana

Hello 1979afsana,

If the installer is not letting you perform the re-install because it believes the software is already installed most likely there are registry keys left over from a partial install. Please use the microsoft install cleanup fixit tool at the below link

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

1.) Click the "Run now" Button in the Fix-it box

2.) Accept the License Agreement

3.) Choose the option "Detect Problems and let me select fixes to apply"

4.) Select "Uninstalling"

5.) When the list of installed programs populates, select the one from the list you are unable to Re-install and then click next and yes

6.) When the tool completes There may be remnants left so please delete the directory where the product was installed

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 3
1979afsana
in reply to: 1979afsana

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH! THIS WORKED OUT PERFECTLY! I CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH! 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report