Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Installation Problems

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
678 Views, 5 Replies

Re-Installation Problems

I uninstalled Autodesk Inventor 2011 a while ago (I have Windows 7), and I have been trying to re-install it in the last couple of days.

I downloaded the zip files, used the Self-Ectracting archive, then got onto the installation wizard.

When I get to the "Select the Products to Install" page, Autodesk Inventor 2011, AutoCAD Mechanical 2011, Autodesk Vault (Client) and Autodesk Design Review 2011 are greyed-out and the boxes cannot be checked. I can only install Content Centre Libraries and Autodesk Material Library 2011 Medium Image Library.

Attached screenshot below.

Does anyone know how I can re-install Inventor 2011?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Your computer still thinks Inventor is installed. 

Installation problems may be resolved using the Microsoft Installer Clean Up Utility. For more information on this program, please my forum post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Microsoft-Installer-Clean-Up-Utility-for-Add-Re...

For more information on the Autodesk KB Support article concerning the clean uninstall of Autdoesk products, see this link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

You should try the clean-uninstall first as you have Windows 7.  Please use the MSICUU2 at your own risk. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks, TravisNave, I'll try your suggestions.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

OK, that fixed my original problem, but now I have another:

I get an error message halfway through installation:

Error 1402. Could not open key.

Full error message screenshot attached

Can anything be done?

Thanks again.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Bump

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report