Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Installation of AutoDesk Inventor Suite 2010 Error: "The installation is

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1051 Views, 4 Replies

Re-Installation of AutoDesk Inventor Suite 2010 Error: "The installation is

The Error: "This installation is forbidden by system policy. Contact your system administrator #324"

Lower right is "Intializing Autodesk Design Review 2010" which is greyed out on the "Select the Products to Install" with the select box checked. And, Design Review 2011 is installed on this computer. Autodesk Data Management Server 2009 is also installed.

This is an installation of a standalone version. This PC had the same software installed in October, 2009, but it was
removed. The user wants it installed again.

If I click on the OK button, the next error is "Autodesk Inventor 2010 -- Failed to initialize Autodesk Design Review 2010.",
however, the scroll bar in the lower left part of the screen keeps going "Initializing Autodesk Design Review 2010".
Click on the OK button will return Autodesk to the "Select Products to install" screen.

I performed the uninstall of Autodesk Design Review 2011 via the Add or Remove Programs, then started the Standalone install
over from the beginning.

Autodesk Design Review 2010 (with the select box checked) is still greyed out. And, the "initializing Autodesk Inventor 2010..."
in the lower left came up, then AutoCAD mechanical etc. etc.. NO ERROR >..appears as if the installation will continue.

Suggest the Error description be changed to more accurately reflect the actual error?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

thanks for your report, it is a known issue that we are working on fixing
it.
I suggest to avoid installing the old version ADR 2010 on the top of ADR
2011. if you have to do that, please uninstall ADR 2011 first.
Message 3 of 5
Liust

Thank you for your feedback.

ADR does not support to install side by side. That means, only one version is installed on the same system at the same time.

Because ADR 2010 could not detect the installed ADR 2011, so we added these warning messages to prevent ADR 2010 installing on the top of ADR 2011.

-Sting
ADR/DWF Customer Support

-Sting
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 5
w.doig

This was sent to me in regards to my sending installation problems. Thank you, but unfortunately the material you sent has nothing to do with the problem I had during installation.

The required volume is absent

CRC failed in en-US\SetupRes\Docs\acad_acr.pdf

Message 5 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: w.doig

Problems downloading the Autodesk software and/or CRC errors may be avoided by using another web browser, or using the alternate browser download method.

For more detailed information on this process, please see the following blog post tip here:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/08/downloading-software-browser-download-vs-download...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report