Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-installation of AutoCAD LT 2008

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
bongs2009
1121 Views, 10 Replies

Re-installation of AutoCAD LT 2008

Need help. See below:

We have an installation stand-alone CD. It's installed on the desktop that I'm using in the office and on my laptop. I’ve been using the software on my laptop for almost a year now. But last two weeks ago, it stop working properly. Everytime I open a dwg  file, a message appears that the software wasn’t installed properly and it prompts me to re-install the software. I cant use many features of the software. So, I un-install the software using a clean un-install and re-install it again. But this time, the re-installation failed. I’ve tried three times already but to no avail. Also, this happens after I installed a new Norton 360 antivirus.

Any help will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
aaronhai
in reply to: bongs2009

Please see if this helps - http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS1104727

Aaron Hai
Message 3 of 11
bongs2009
in reply to: aaronhai

Thank you for the response.

I haven't try it yet but the Norton installed on my laptop is Norton 360 4.0. Just want to confirm if the hotfix for Norton 360 3.0 also applies to Norton 360 4.0 - Thanks

Message 4 of 11
aaronhai

As this is essentially a Norton fix, I did a quick check with Norton Help and they have confirmed that the fix will work with ver 4.0. However, if necessary, I encourage you to contact them via - http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/contact/contact.jsp?pvid=cs to double-confirm. Thank you.

Aaron Hai
Message 5 of 11
bongs2009
in reply to: aaronhai

Tried to run the hotfix but it doesn't support Norton 360 version 4.0. Contacted Norton and help me configure the antivirus on my laptop. It didn't work. I uninstall Norton on my laptop and re-install AutoCad LT 2008. But still, re-installation failed. Please advise.  Thanks.

Message 6 of 11
aaronhai

Please un-install / re-install using the below : 

Full uninstallation of Autodesk product : http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS45252

Clean installation of Autodesk product : http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS75218

Let me know how it goes. Thank you. 

Aaron Hai
Message 7 of 11
bongs2009

I did and followed every steps in two links but I still got a failed re-installation. Please advise. Thanks.

Message 8 of 11
TravisNave

What is the installation error that you receive?  Where does it fail?  And can you post your install log file that gets created in your %temp% folder?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 9 of 11
bongs2009
in reply to: TravisNave

The message was just failed installation. AutoCAD LT 2008 and DWF viewer not installed. The created lof file at the temp folder was:

2010/7/27:22:33:12 BARS BARS-PC === Setup started on BARS-PC by BARS ===
2010/7/27:22:35:06 BARS BARS-PC Install .NET Framework Runtime 2.0 Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603
2010/7/27:22:35:06 BARS BARS-PC === Setup ended ===

Thank you.

Message 10 of 11
TravisNave

Check to see if you already have .NET Framework 2.0 installed.  If you do remove it.  You may also need to remove all of your .NET installations using the .NET cleanup tool.  I'd also recommend installing at least .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 11 of 11
bongs2009

Got a successful re-installation. Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report