Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8
schuyler_mason
344 Views, 7 Replies

Re-Install AutoCAD LT

Hello - I've recently purchased/downloaded autocad lt onto a machine that has since died.  i need to see about re-installing onto another machine.  Please advise.  thanks,

-S 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi schuyler_mason,

If your LT is 2010 or newer, the easiest option for you will be to install the program on your new machine and use the License Transfer Utility to move your license from the old to the new computer.

You can learn all about the Licese Transfer Utility here.

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 8

I'm five minutes into the suggested link and he's telling me to export the license from the original computer. I'm unable to export the license from the original computer because it's died (vid card and motherboard are no longer...)

Message 4 of 8
philip.s
in reply to: schuyler_mason

Hi schuyler_mason,

Without the ability to export your license, you would simply need to proceed with the standard install and activation process as you had done initially. 

Not saying this will happen, but in doing so you will be susceptible to an activation limit reached error, of which would require a manual activation code to override the system. Typically that could be obtained from our Registration and Activcation team, but as you're already here we could also process one if needed. If necessary / you receive the error, please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number and request code.

Message 5 of 8

Hi Philip,

Thanks for your help but to be honest, I'm having a hard time finding the install and activation screen on the website. 

Message 6 of 8
philip.s

Hi schuyler_mason,

You mentioned that you've already downloaded the software right? Then all you have to do is open the .exe file to initiate the installation and activation process. Check out this how-to solution for specifics.

Message 7 of 8
schuyler_mason
in reply to: philip.s

Well, as I mentioned earlier the machine i originally download/installed has died.  i'm trying to download/install on my back-up computer. 

Message 8 of 8
philip.s

Sorry about the confusion schuyler_mason,

From what I can tell it looks like you have a license for AutoCAD LT 2013. For the most, the current release of our software programs can always be downloaded from Autodesk.com (specified as a trial). I've also provided the following 72hr timed direct download links for your convenience.

Click here for AutoCAD LT 2013 32BIT

Click here for AutoCAD LT 2013 64BIT

Click here for AutoCAD LT 2013 for Mac OS X

Please let me know if you need a different / previous version and I'll gladly accommodate.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report