Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rash of -15 errors after license server switchover.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Jroper
212 Views, 2 Replies

Rash of -15 errors after license server switchover.

We have moved our network licensing over from two VMs we hosted to two VMs we have hosted for us by OneNeck. Now that the licenses have been moved, I'm seeing a lot of -15 errors. We have changed the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE variables with an SCCM script. We have just added both the old and new servers to the variable so that we have the old servers as backup. 27000@newserver1;27000@newserver2;27000@oldserver1;27000@oldserver2 The new servers seem to be working fine. The oldserver1 has the Autodesk NLM installed but shut down. The oldserver2 is offline completely and was the cause of the license switchover in the first place. We have a mix of single point AutoCAD licenses not in reserve groups and some Suite licenses (Building, Plant and Infra) that are in Reserve groups on the OPT. It seems that only the Suite license users are having this trouble. The users are able to ping the servers and get through when I check using http://newserver1:27000. I've tried FLEXLM_TIMEOUT set high. The only thing that seems to fix the issue is using the raw IP in the adskflex_license_file variable. Sometime I need to place it in the HKEY_Current_User\Software\FlemLM license manager\adskflex_license_file directly. It seems like it is trying to go to oldserver1, but finding the nlm shutdown so it throws up an error and quits and doesn't bother with the new servers.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: Jroper

this might be IPv6 related

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Jroper
in reply to: DarrenP

I don't think it is IPv6 related. Pinging the new servers returns a normal IPv4 address. The error is not 1.5.-15, it is more like -15.1.1006.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report