Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"the system cannot find the path specified.setupres\e­ val.msi" error.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
13004 Views, 10 Replies

"the system cannot find the path specified.setupres\e­ val.msi" error.

I can't install 3DS MAX 2010 on windows xp service pack 2. When double click on setup file it show the below message(http://qfs.mobi/f1968125). How can I get rid of the problem? Please help me anybody immediately.
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: 416648

For security reasons, please do not link to pictures that are outside of the forum.  There is no way to verify if the link is safe to click.

Post your screencap and any installation log files here.

If you need instructions, you can find them here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/public-test-forum/how-to-take-a-screen-capture-and-upload-it/m-p/34673...

Thanks.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 11

Dear,
sorry I can't attach screenshot by mobile.During installing 3DS MAX 2010 it show the following message "The system cannot find the path specified.setupres\eval.msi". please help me
Message 4 of 11
TravisNave

Thanks for the explanation.

This error is causes almost always by your anti-virus program.  You might temporarily disable it and try to install your Autodesk product again.

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 11

Dear,
I have not install any anti-virus yet. I tried to install autodesk product just after windows setup. So what can I do right now?
Message 6 of 11
TravisNave

And you aren't running BitDefender or any other malware program at all?  Is this XP a fresh install? 

If so, open your Registry and make sure that this key exists:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

If it does not, create the new RunOnce key.  Then try again.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: TravisNave

Beyond that, make sure that you aren't using any encryption on your data and that your MSI Windows Installer is updated to the absolute latest version for Windows XP.  Since Windows XP is retired, you might find that difficult to do. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 11

I have setup windows 7 ultimate 32 bit and RunOnce is exist in registry. I have not install any anti-virus yet. What do you mean by encryption on your data? Please help me
Message 9 of 11
TravisNave

Now you are on Windows 7 and it still won't install?  Is your media still good?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 11
fredyblandry

Hey!

I'm getting the same error on windows 10. Nothing encrypted, every antivirus and malware protection off. and the file is in the registry.

Thanks

Message 11 of 11

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report