Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The Serial Number you entered is not Valid"

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
brandon.adolph
1144 Views, 2 Replies

"The Serial Number you entered is not Valid"

I recently ordered a new company computer. Someone elso set up the computer. When they tried to install and activate AutoCAD 2012, they received the message "The Serial Number you entered is not Valid". I had nothing to do with purchasing AutoCAD, so I don't know what the company that I work for has for products or licenses. How do I contact someone who can tell me what is available and how to resovle this issue?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

You should contact your Autodesk reseller and they will be able to search that serial number to find out if it goes to a different application or version. Most of the occurrences I've seen like this is almost always related to incorrect versions.

Hope this make sense.

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 3 of 3
philip.s
in reply to: brandon.adolph

HI Brandon and welcome to the community!

Confirming what Darren said in that invalid serial number errors are typically associated with using license information that has been upgraded to a newer version.

Outside of contacting your Authorized Reseller, our Registration and Activation team can also provide a full license report via the License Assistance Form.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report