Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The security system is not functioning or is improperly installed"

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
mdomingo16
60979 Views, 10 Replies

"The security system is not functioning or is improperly installed"

Whenever I open up my autocad program a message shows up saying "The security system (softlock license manager) is no functioning or is improperly installed". I tried uninstalling it and installing it again but that doesn't work. So I sent an email with the problem and they told me to download a service package. I downloaded it and the problem is stil there. Does anyone know what to do?

Tags (2)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
philip.s
in reply to: mdomingo16

Hi sk8ter_marina,

Looking at other posts it looks to be associated with a permissions issue. Please check out some of these other threads and let me know if they resolve the issue.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/softlock-license-manger-error-message/m-p/30046...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2012/softlock-license-manager-is-not-functioning-or-is-imprope...

Message 3 of 11
mdomingo16
in reply to: philip.s

I'm not quite sure what exactly I am supposed to do. It's saying to give everyone full control permissions. how do i do that?

Message 4 of 11
DarrenP

do you have an I.T person you can talk to?

its microsoft windows permissions

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 11
ericsho96

Hi sk8ter_marina,

I think you should try this. It work for me.

First, go to start menu, then type msconfig in the search box. After that, go to service. Make sure you hide all Microsoft Services. From that, you can find FLEXnet Licensing Services. If the FLLEXnet Licensing Services has been untick and disable, tick again and apply. Close System Configuration and restart. Once restart. you can use AutoCAD.

I accident disable FLEXnet Licensing Services. That's why i cannot use the AutoCAD.

Here's the picture I want to share.

Message 6 of 11
freepark

o! senks! its real work))

Message 7 of 11
morgosmacko
in reply to: ericsho96

Unfortunately starting the Flexnet service does not solved my problem. The key was, I think, that AutoCAD for some reason was set to standalone licencing instead of network licensing. The solution for this problem I found in another forum here, where "gwc" user wrote the followings:

"What finally did work was this: After reviewing the "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm\CIV3D2012ENUAdlm.log" I decided the problem must be the ProductInformation.pit file in the same folder. I replaced this file with one from a computer with a working install and the prolblem was fixed."

My problem was also fixed when I replaced the "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm\productinformation.pit" file with another one from a computer running Autocad problem free.

Message 8 of 11
bhuraaamer

thanx a lot .....i used that and it worked for me....

Message 9 of 11
prem
in reply to: bhuraaamer

i am facing the same problems at one of our customer locations.

none of the methods mentioned in the support and dicussion groups are working out

Any solutions!!

Thanks
Prem
Windows 7 64 Bit
16 Gigs of RAM
Intel I7
Nvdia Quadro 3000M
Message 10 of 11
tmevidente

Try System Restore to get things back to the time everything was working fine. Worked for me. Some apps we install must somehow affected autoCAD.

Message 11 of 11
DanielLongo
in reply to: ericsho96

That was it! Not sure how the startup was deselected, but thanks for the advice.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report