Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Some products failed to install" Revit 2014, Result 1603

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ANShaulis
906 Views, 4 Replies

"Some products failed to install" Revit 2014, Result 1603

I'm trying to install the trial version of Revit 2014 and keep getting this error.  It seems to be related to Microsoft Visual C++.  Based on other messages on here I removed all versions of C++, multiple 2005, 2008 and 2010 and restarted the computer, but I'm still getting the same error.

Installation log file attached.

Please help!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
asburyj
in reply to: ANShaulis

Hello and welcome to the forum,

You are correct in identifying Microsoft visual C++ as the point of failure. It looks like it can't install Visual C++ 2005. Can you try manually running the installer it's failing on in the below location? This should load only the Visual C++ install and will give a more helpful error message if it fails. 

C:\Autodesk\WI\Autodesk Revit 2014\3rdParty\x86\VCRedist\2005\vcredist_x86.exe

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 5
ANShaulis
in reply to: asburyj

When I try that I get this error message everytime:error code 1935.jpg

Message 4 of 5
ANShaulis

Also, while trying to figure out this issue, I needed to use the software for a class so I was using the free online trial.  Today, when I tried to open a project a window popped up saying "Synchronizing User Data"  In the window it says "your data is being synced with Autodesk 360 Cloud, and it says it synchronizing, but the little green bar keeps filling up and starting over and nothing happens.  So now I'm not able to use Revit in any form...

I need help, desperately, I need someone over my shoulder (or on the phone) telling me what to do step-by-step, I hate that this is not an option with Autodesk, I'm so frustrated!

Message 5 of 5
asburyj

Since this is a issue with a Microsoft Product (Visual C++) I took a look at the solutions on the microsoft site but unfortunately it looks like it took a format and re-install of the OS to get around this error with Visual C++ 2005 for some people but there were a few other solutions posted. You may want to take a look at the thread linked below for some ideas.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/microsoft-visual-c-2005-...

Jeffry Asbury

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report