I have a new Windows 7 64bit laptop which I am trying to get the student license for AutoCAD, Revit and 3dsMax installed on. I have been trying for weeks, but after downloading the installation file and pushing the install button I constantly get the error: "Setup initialization failed. Connection has expired. Please reconnect to site."
It seems like Autodesk can't recognize that I am in fact logged on, and I have been trying to log off- log on to try to solve it but I keep on getting the same error.
The internet is not the problem, my friend managed to install AutoCAD on his computer on the same line.
Please help, what can I do?
Grateful for any advice,
Solved! Go to Solution.
Solved! by philip.s. See the answer in context.
It's all dependent on the download method / that looks like it would have resulted from Install Now. If you choose the Browser Download option, you would just be moving an .exe file from one machine to another which doesn't require additional communication with the initial machine.
Yup I can download it, but when pressing install I get the error code.. I wanted to try it again now, but there seems so be a problem with me signing in at http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=login, I only get an error code when trying to log on. Logging on here was not a problem though.. Strange!
I just reset your Education Community password (of which I'll be sending you the details via email) and verified access. Please delete your temporary internet files, clear the cache etc. and try logging in again. If you're still receiving the error you may want to consider switching browsers.
Please let us know if the browser download option resolves your issue.
Tried to install Revit by browser downloading, but half way through the process I got this error instead: See attached image.
Something definitively strange is going on.
Ok, so now I have tried changing to the Mozilla browser and tried to "install now” that resulted in the same primary error popping up.. Then I also tried doing it while my firewall and virus program was totally switched of, that did not work either. Then I tried installing the browser downloaded over night with the protection switched of, but the same problems I got recently occurred. Nothing is working..
Yup, both with and without the computer protection on.. I get the same error as I did the first times. See image