Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Setup initialization failed. Connection has expired."

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
jhllee
15013 Views, 16 Replies

"Setup initialization failed. Connection has expired."

Hi,

So today I registered a student AutoDesk account and I'm trying to install 3DS Max 2015. But when I try to install using the "install now" option, I get a "setup initialization failed. connection has expired." message. When I try the "download now" option a similar message appears. When I try the "brower" option, I get a "file corrupted error" message.

I've read upon others with the same issue and apparently they solve their problem through these steps in this link. However, that technique didn't work out for me. My primary browser is Chrome (most up to date), which failed multiple times after multiple restarts. I also disable my extensions to see if they were causing the issue; that didn't do anything. So then I try with firefox, IE, safari, and even opera and none of the browser works. I've checked my ports to make sure they are open, I've turned down my firewall, I've uninstalled my anti-virus software, disabled Windows Defender, and yet I still can't install the program.... The only thing I could think of now is to perform a factory restore and start completely fresh and try it again (but I highly doubt that will work).

I'm currnetly running on Windows 8.1 Pro with the latest updates.

I'm wondering has anyone encountered the same issue? If so, could you please tell me your solution/(s)? 

Cheers

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
thevilneo
in reply to: jhllee

Hey, I'm facing a similar issue. I'm trying to install the student version of Maya 2015 on a Windows 7 system. Maya seems to install without any issues but installing the Mental Ray renderer causes it to fail (The image I've attached was taken after I tried installing it again, hence why Maya 2015 isnt on the list) The installation log file says that my connection failed. I'm sure it didn't, since the connection is active. I've tried the installation multiple times, including after restarting.

2014/7/15:17:13:09 Shibu Mathew MADISON === Setup started on MADISON by Shibu Mathew ===
2014/7/15:17:13:09 Shibu Mathew MADISON Path_Length: 143
2014/7/15:17:13:09 Shibu Mathew MADISON Current Directory C:\Users\SHIBUM~1\AppData\Local\Temp\_AIE08F.tmp
2014/7/15:17:13:09 Shibu Mathew MADISON Launch
2014/7/15:17:13:10 Shibu Mathew MADISON Download Skipped SETUP_CONFIG http://trial2.autodesk.com/SWDLDNET4/2015/MAYA/WI/{B8DFAAF4-0BCF-49DB-8F35-3B4ACD35CFA8}/SETUP_x64.t...
2014/7/15:17:13:10 Shibu Mathew MADISON PageOpen LaunchDialog
2014/7/15:17:13:14 Shibu Mathew MADISON PageOpen LicenseDialog
2014/7/15:17:13:17 Shibu Mathew MADISON PageOpen ProductInfoDialog
2014/7/15:17:13:17 Shibu Mathew MADISON PageOpen ProductSelectionDialog2
2014/7/15:17:13:37 Shibu Mathew MADISON PageOpen FullProgressDialog
2014/7/15:17:13:39 Shibu Mathew MADISON Download Error Connection has expired. Please reconnect to site. MENTALRAYPLUGIN http://trial2.autodesk.com/SWDLDNET4/2015/MAYA/WI/Autodesk_Maya_2015_wi_en-US_Setup.exe
2014/7/15:17:13:39 Shibu Mathew MADISON Install mental ray® renderer for Autodesk® Maya® 2015 Failed Download Failed, Installation aborted, Result=1603
2014/7/15:17:13:39 Shibu Mathew MADISON Download Error Connection has expired. Please reconnect to site. ADAPPLICATIONMANAGER http://trial2.autodesk.com/SWDLDNET4/2015/MAYA/WI/Autodesk_Maya_2015_wi_en-US_Setup.exe
2014/7/15:17:13:39 Shibu Mathew MADISON Install Autodesk Application Manager Failed Download Failed, Installation aborted, Result=1603

Any help would be appreciated

Message 3 of 17
thevilneo
in reply to: thevilneo

I have just now tried "Download Now" and the download would stall at around 2.5 GB instead of completing the 4.something GB

I've also tried "Browser Download" and the file was downloaded (it was just 1.01GB...thought that was strange). Tried starting it up. Asked me for the installation folder and when I clicked on it said the file was corrupted. Ill try redownloading it later (Must have spent a few hours just reading what other people said and trying different things... failed constantly)

Message 4 of 17
jessica.t

Hi @jhllee and welcome to the community!

Apologies for all of the troubles but thank you for providing so much detail! If you could please re-attempt to download using the following precautions it would be greatly appreciated:

• In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
  • Disable UAC
  • Close and reopen your preferred browser.
  • Re-download from the Virtual Agent

If the problem persists please reply to this message with further details or please "Accept as a Solution" if this post resolves your issue so that others with this same question can more easily find an answer. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 5 of 17
jessica.t
in reply to: thevilneo

Welcome to the Autodesk Community, @thevilneo!

Could you please try this Autodesk Solution to resolve the 1603 error? Please also make sure your antivirus / firewall is disabled during the installation process (please see my post above for further details). If the problem persists please reply to this post with further details. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 6 of 17
jhllee
in reply to: jessica.t

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for replying to my post. Unfortunately the method you have provided yielded the same initial result (refer to post 1). Here is what I did;

1) Allow Pop-Ups on all my broswers (IE/Firefox/Chrome/Safari/Opera)

2) Disabled Windows Firewall, Windows Defender, and UAC (the only defensive softwares I have installed on this computer).

3) Uninstalled all apps (facebook, twitter, flipboard, etc)

4) Clear my browsing history, temporaily folder, and any other cache data from browser setting and through this link and this link

5) Uninstall the download agency programs (both Akamai and AutoDesk Download Manager)

6) Deleted existing .EXE files.

In conclusiom, the problem remains unchanged. The same error pops up. 

Any other suggestions? Is there a direct link to download the content without using the AutoCAD download manager; feels like that's the culprit...?

Message 7 of 17
thevilneo

Hey

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping for some progress but unfortunately none of them have worked. 😞

Ive cleaned my temp folder, disabled adblock and disconnect, nothing seems to have been corrupted (just not downloaded), even changed the NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation to 0 (it was 2). Ive disabled the antivirus, firewall and redownloaded from the virtual agent. IT really seems like the host from where im getting this file is just quitting on me before ive received the complete file (whether its through "install now" / "download now" / "browser download" / virtual agent)

To reiterate, I can see that the download progress bar (when clicking "install now") doesnt actually complete before installation begins. Maya is the only thing that installs and when it moves on to Mental Ray, it fails, probably because of the incomplete download.

I've tried downloading Mental ray standalone from here and i couldnt install it because I dont have the right serial number for it. (I'm using the education license)

I hope theres something else that can be done!

Thanks in advance

Message 8 of 17
thevilneo

thanks jhlee

that solved my problem

Message 9 of 17
merlyn2b

I've tried every installation method, including the virtual agent.  This is getting ridiculous.  I've attached the installation log.  I'm so sick of Autodesk's installation methods.  Send me a disk overnight or I will cancel my subscription and go to a competing product.  

Message 10 of 17
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: merlyn2b

Hi @merlyn2b,

We do apologize for the inconvenience you may have experienced with this. Upon verification, we noticed that the address you entered is a PO Box, to which we are not able to send the media to. We would need the actual physical address to send the media to. You can submit a request for the boxed software from Subscription and enter the physical address in the process. Here's the instruction on Requesting Boxed Software from Subscription Center.

Finally, you can try using the links below to download the installer. It would be recommended to temporarily disable the anti-virus and firewall during download and installation.

AutoCAD LT 2015 for Windows 32bit (.EXE - 1.01GB)

AutoCAD LT 2015 for Windows 64bit (.EXE - 1.12GB)

Thanks,

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 11 of 17

Hi,

The same problem happen with me when I try download Inventor HSM for students

I was try turn off firewall and anti-virus, and clean all my cookies, temporary internet files, and history.

I'm currnetly running on Windows 7 with the latest updates.

sorry for my bad english, plaese someone help me with this problem

Thank you so much!

Message 12 of 17

@felipe_spozato

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

There's a couple of ways to properly download and install your Autodesk product to your machine.  Please review this article and the solution it provides.

If the installation does fail using the preferred methods, please post your installation log file here so we can review it.

Posting info: Sometimes the installation log file contains the serial # that was assigned to you.  Open your log file using Windows Notepad and perform a search on "/SN".  Depending on the number of installation attempts, your serial # may be located throughout the log file.  If present, remove or "X" out your serial # prior to posting.

Good luck on your installation and report back on your progress.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 13 of 17

I am trying to install ReCap. 

I have tried all of the above listed suggestions, and yet the problem persists. 

Can I get a direct download of the software without the installer downloading it, which seems to be what is failing?

Here is the installation log file. 

Message 14 of 17

It won't let me attach the log file. Even the the resource to fix what isn't working, isn't working. 

Message 15 of 17

@jwilliamsZK35Q

Recap or Recap pro is a cloud based application.  What are you struggling with?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 16 of 17
u3004436

I encountered the same problem and got the problem solved by changing the internet options.

When I use the IE explorer as the default browser, I got the debug information that the Autodesk may use an old version of TLS. So, I ticked all the TLS versions in the internet options. That solved my problem. Please find the solution in the attached picture. Hope it could help you.

Message 17 of 17
mdavis22569
in reply to: u3004436

Hi @u3004436 

You do know this is an older ticket:

12-14-2018 02:14 PM

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report