Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Revit Could Not Load..." Error

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
renovatedsm
8784 Views, 13 Replies

"Revit Could Not Load..." Error

I just installed the Revit Architecture 2012 upgrade and come up with the following error when I try to start the program:

! Revit could not load C:\PROGRAM FILES\AUTODESK\REVIT ARCHITECTURE 2012\PROGRAM\CONCEPTUALENERGYANALYSISDB.DLL

The file appears to exist at that location.

I'm running Windows 7 on a capable computer.  Any thoughts on what I can do to fix this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
DarrenP
in reply to: renovatedsm

32 bit or  64 bt?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 14
renovatedsm

64 bit hardware.  The download file was "Autodesk_Revit_Architecture_2012_English_Win_32-64bit" but I don't recall having an option presented to choose when I installed (twice).

Does this information help?  Thanks!

Message 4 of 14
DarrenP

try to do a repair installation

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 14
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

here is mine

try copying it to the same location

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 6 of 14
DarrenP

if this doesn't work try doing a repair installation

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 7 of 14
renovatedsm

Thanks... I'm trying the "repair Installation" .  If that doesn't work, I'll try saving your dll over top of it.  Thanks for your help!

Message 8 of 14
nickseman

What was the final solution here?  Did the reinstall work or did you find a different solution?

I am plagued by the same issue - reinstall does not work.

Thanks;

Nick

Message 9 of 14
DannyHubbard
in reply to: nickseman

This could be related to a corrupt .Net 4 framework install.

Try going to Control Panel and Uninstall a Program, uninstall everything related to Microsoft .Net 4 Framework, may be serveral things.

Then reboot and reinstall .Net 4 Framework from the Microsoft site, http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=0a391abd-25c1-4fc0-919f-b...

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 10 of 14
renovatedsm

Reinstalling the .net framework solved the problem. 

For other who experience this issue, I was not able to uninstall the .net Framework.  Downloading the updated software from the link above and installing over the exsting fixed the problem.  It appears that my own installation had a missing or damaged "Client" which prevented the .net framework from working properly.  I have no idea what any of this means or why it was borken, but the reinstall/repair fixed the issue with running Revit 2012.

Thank you to everyone for the assistance.

Message 11 of 14

Hello I'm also having the same problem as renovatedsm.

Running W7 on a capable machine.

I tried to follow the above solutions however I realised I dont have the .NET 4 Framework Client Profile. When I try to install it (both through windows updater and manually from the website) it failes with the error titled "Generic Trust Issue".

Can anyone provide any thoughts/guidance on how to overcome this issue??

My student copy of Revit Architure 2011 just expired and I really need 2012 to work for my final assignment!!!

Message 12 of 14
liuming_8912
in reply to: 761165

I get this kind  problme,I reinstall the Arc(2011-32) and Str(2011-32), but both of the program can't work .When I click it ,it  turn out a messagebox "Revit could not load RebarDB.dll" as follow)5F%HY@0R@%}9]{~K_IKKER.jpg,I try all sulations above( overwrite the XX.dll ; install network 4.0),but none of them work.Hope someone can help me .Think you

Message 13 of 14
domela_91

Hi,

I have reinstall netframework 4.0 and it works 🙂

Message 14 of 14
mikmuh2011

hi. i have revit building design premium 2013 and when i try to open a drawing, it gives this error. yesterday there was no problem, now it dosn't work. i checked other system downloads but there isn't any today.

so i need help

thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report