Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Permission denied" during installation, no ribbon visible, and more

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
kt_
Observer
486 Views, 1 Reply

"Permission denied" during installation, no ribbon visible, and more

I have a bunch of problems which are all probably related to a faulty installation, hence the question here.

* I need to install Autocad 2014 trial on a Windows7/64bit.

* During installation I received messages like "No permission to write file <some file in AppData/Local/Autodesk or AppData/Roaming/Autodesk" dir. I managed to get over them by going to the corresponding directories and giving full access to SYSTEM user.

* Now when started I first get the "Unable to load profile file. Some profile information saved in last session may not be restored". Then "....\acadiso.dwt is currently in use or read-only, would you like to open a copy", and finally, the program opens in what I presume to be an incomplete user interface (no ribbon, at least).

* I tried reinstalling - uninstallation failed halfway so I had to go through the torturous process of dropping registry keys to convince the installer that AutoCAD is really not installed. I then tried setting the lowest UAC level and re-running the installation, but I still got the same "no permission" messages.

* I tried installing msxml6 as suggested somewhere, did not help.

* I tried running Autocad as administrator. No use.

Is there any way to have it working?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
kt_
Observer
in reply to: kt_

I found some more information about this:

* When installing Autocad 2013 there are no problems with file permissions, but the "Loading profile failed" thing remains and no ribbon is visible.

* Trying the command CUI reports that the .../acad.cuix could not be found, file does not exist or unreadable. Actually the file does exist in the claimed location.

At this point I figured that the problem is most probably related to the MSXML library. According to what I found on the internet I did ensure that msxml3.dll and msxml6.dll are in my windows\system32, I did re-run the regsvr32 command on both, to no avail.

It seems like an ancient bug, as far as I understood, but I found no fix that would help me.

I presume the system is using a wrong DLL, but I have no idea how to debug it. Any ideas?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report