Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

kt_
kt_
Message 1 of 2 (276 Views)

"Permission denied" during installation, no ribbon visible, and more

276 Views, 1 Replies
05-29-2013 05:45 PM

I have a bunch of problems which are all probably related to a faulty installation, hence the question here.

* I need to install Autocad 2014 trial on a Windows7/64bit.

* During installation I received messages like "No permission to write file <some file in AppData/Local/Autodesk or AppData/Roaming/Autodesk" dir. I managed to get over them by going to the corresponding directories and giving full access to SYSTEM user.

* Now when started I first get the "Unable to load profile file. Some profile information saved in last session may not be restored". Then "....\acadiso.dwt is currently in use or read-only, would you like to open a copy", and finally, the program opens in what I presume to be an incomplete user interface (no ribbon, at least).

* I tried reinstalling - uninstallation failed halfway so I had to go through the torturous process of dropping registry keys to convince the installer that AutoCAD is really not installed. I then tried setting the lowest UAC level and re-running the installation, but I still got the same "no permission" messages.

* I tried installing msxml6 as suggested somewhere, did not help.

* I tried running Autocad as administrator. No use.

Is there any way to have it working?

kt_
kt_
Message 2 of 2 (262 Views)

Re: "Permission denied" during installation, no ribbon visible, and mo

05-30-2013 02:51 AM in reply to: kt_

I found some more information about this:

* When installing Autocad 2013 there are no problems with file permissions, but the "Loading profile failed" thing remains and no ribbon is visible.

* Trying the command CUI reports that the .../acad.cuix could not be found, file does not exist or unreadable. Actually the file does exist in the claimed location.

At this point I figured that the problem is most probably related to the MSXML library. According to what I found on the internet I did ensure that msxml3.dll and msxml6.dll are in my windows\system32, I did re-run the regsvr32 command on both, to no avail.

It seems like an ancient bug, as far as I understood, but I found no fix that would help me.

I presume the system is using a wrong DLL, but I have no idea how to debug it. Any ideas?

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.