Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"First Run Initialization" Every Time I Start AutoCAD 2012 Mechanical

54 REPLIES 54
Message 1 of 55
pete592
28458 Views, 54 Replies

"First Run Initialization" Every Time I Start AutoCAD 2012 Mechanical

Each morning when I start AutoCAD 2012 Mechanical, The startup banner comes up and does the "First Run Initialization" and its subsequent, lengthy loading and install process of every nut and bolt of the software.

I am running Vista, while the other two users in my office are still on XP (don't ask me why) and they are not experiencing this.  Theirs are much faster and more typical of a routine startup.

If there is any system information that may be helpful, please don't hesitate to ask.  I have no clue where to begin.

Thanks,

Pete

54 REPLIES 54
Message 2 of 55
marcouellette2371
in reply to: pete592

Sorry I can't assist because I am also having the same issue, except that my OS is Windows 7.

Message 3 of 55
TravisNave

Two things to check for would be:

1.  Make sure you have Local Administrative privileges on your machine. 

2.  Make sure you aren't using Roaming Profiles where your Windows Profile exists on a server.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 55
bartdoedens
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi guys, I had the same issue on my computer which has Windows 7 Pro 64bit. I logged off my profile and login as the Administrator then ran AutoCAD and once again it went through the First Run Initialization as it was doing under my profile. When I ran AutoCAD again after that it started without doing the First Run Initialization. For some reason AutoCAD was having problem writing the First Run Initialization to the registry under my profile even though I was a local administrator.

Hope that helps guys.

Message 5 of 55
s2ghaziz

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same issue running AutoCAD 2012 - Student Version. I have a windows 7 64bit laptop. Is there any way to fix this?

Message 6 of 55
TravisNave
in reply to: s2ghaziz

Run as Administrator or make sure you have admin rights on your system.  If not, recreate your Windows profile. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 55
sergio.kraljicjr

I have this issue even though I have full administrative rights under my User Profile (XP Professional). Once the first run initializing is complete subsequent startups of the software load normally. However, when the computer is rebooted (not just logged off) and I log in again, the first run initializing reappears. This has not happened with Autocad 2011...hopefully Autodesk support will address this.

Message 8 of 55
kmiller
in reply to: sergio.kraljicjr

Same issues here - Windows XP, sp2 64-bit. - I am not running mechanical, just plain ACAD.  I also have admin rights to my computer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this response answers your question please click "Accept as Solution".
Message 9 of 55
Anonymous
in reply to: kmiller

Here's my solution (I'm running WIn7 x64 Pro):

If you have it pinned to the taskbar:

1. Right-click on the icon, then right click on 'AutoCAD 2012' (or whatever version you have) and select 'Properties':

Step 1

2. On the 'Shortcut' tab, click the 'Advanced...' button:

02.png

3. Tick the 'Run as administrator' box, and all the 'OK's, and you're done.

03.png

Message 10 of 55
rms390
in reply to: Anonymous

same problem... windows xp sp3... admin and all that... it remembers the initialization until the computer gets turned off

Message 11 of 55
jim
Explorer

While I have administrator rights, I also set the program to run as administrator, and it has not solved the problem. Every time I restart the computer, it does the 1st run initialization.

Message 12 of 55
rms390
in reply to: jim

no solutions that work yet?

Message 13 of 55
david.scheu
in reply to: rms390

Also looking for a fix. Running AutoCAD 2012 SP1 on WIndows XP SP3; getting "First run initializing..." message on every first load after startup. Very slow. I have local admin rights, but have also tried running as administrator. Problem persists. Desire to hurl computer out window also persists.

Message 14 of 55
david.scheu
in reply to: david.scheu

Addendum: same issue on my laptop running 64 bit AutoCAD 2012 on 64 bit Windows 7.

Message 15 of 55
jim
Explorer

No solutions yet. Have completely uninstalled AutoCAD, and reinstalled. Still the problem with First Run Initialization persists. This is more than a little frustrating. Autodesk, can you please provide some help/guidance?

Message 16 of 55
SethO

What if I don't want to give all the users in the office Local Administrative Rights?

Message 17 of 55
rms390
in reply to: SethO

Even if you did, it wouldn't fix the problem.  I have it on my home computer and it still gives the error.

Message 18 of 55
rms390
in reply to: rms390

no fixes yet.... it can't be that hard

Message 19 of 55
nifortez

i wonder when autodesk will come up with the solution on this? i've tried all that was suggested and nothings work.

Message 20 of 55
CadMonkeyJon
in reply to: nifortez

I'm still having this problem even though, as most others have said, I'm an Administrator and have set it to "Run as administrator" it still runs first time initialising after a re-boot.  Has anyone found a solution yet?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report