Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

Customer Service
amanda.k
Message 11 of 17 (156 Views)

Re: "Error assigning serial number to product"

10-04-2013 12:10 PM in reply to: eldealli

Hi Raf,

Before I rest your password to troubleshoot, I would like to make sure you are following the instructions as listed here for activating the GBS. There are specific steps that you must take to receive your license beyond requesting a Serial Number like the other products in the Education Community.

Once you have done those steps please update me if you are or are not successful. If you are not, I will reset your password and troubleshoot this, however when I followed the instructions above on my account I was successful.

Thank you!

Amanda Kinley
eldealli
Message 12 of 17 (136 Views)

10-08-2013 11:02 AM in reply to: amanda.k

Hi Amanda,

Sorry I didnt see your post because it was in the 2nd page.

I already had an account in Green Building studio, the problem is that I didnt activated it properly, so it was a trial. I didnt realised I had run out of projects (2 maximum), so maybe that´s why I cannot get the serial now?

I made the steps on the PDF with a different account, but i get another Trial account with the same limitation (2 projects), and gives me the same error on the download center when I try to get the serial.

Thank you!

jurienmeerlo
Message 13 of 17 (122 Views)

10-08-2013 01:10 PM in reply to: philip.s

Hi, I'm having this issue as well: "Error assigning serial number to product: This is an operation implementation generated fault." I have tried with 4 different accounts. The issue remains. After installing 3ds max 2014 I was unable to activate it with the message "The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again". Can you help me with this?

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 14 of 17 (109 Views)

10-08-2013 05:11 PM in reply to: jurienmeerlo

Hello Jurien!

As mentioned in some of the other solutions, this is typically associated with a profile issue, where the workaround is to create a new account with a different email address and proceed with obtaining a new serial number.

Can you let us know if that works for you?

Philip Schmelzer
jurienmeerlo
Message 15 of 17 (100 Views)

10-08-2013 11:38 PM in reply to: philip.s

Hi Philip,

I read the other solutions and created 4 accounts in total to see if it would work with a different account but I get the same message on all of them. I used a .live.nl email address, 2 gmail email addresses and a .owyoow.com email address. Should I create a fifth account and try again?

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 16 of 17 (85 Views)

10-09-2013 03:39 PM in reply to: jurienmeerlo

Thanks for confirming and my apologies for missing that earlier. As all seems to be working on my end, would you mind sending me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with the accounts used?

Philip Schmelzer
Community Manager
philip.s
Message 17 of 17 (84 Views)

10-09-2013 03:41 PM in reply to: eldealli

Hi Raf,

I'm looking into this one now and will get back to you shortly with my findings!

Philip Schmelzer
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.