Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Error assigning serial number to product"

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
Zenmuron
2253 Views, 16 Replies

"Error assigning serial number to product"

Hi, 
I have a problem about the serial numbers of all Autodesk products and I can't activate them.
In each download page (except only for Autocad 2013 [Italian]) this error appears: 

"Error assigning serial number to product: This is an operation implementation generated fault"

I have already asked about 4 months ago about this problem to customer service but still can not activate any product.
Can someone help me?

Thanks,
Simone

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
philip.s
in reply to: Zenmuron

Hello Simone,

Unfortunately this is a known issue that affects a limited number of users, where the only workaround is to create a new Education Community account and request a new license / serial number.

Please accept as a solution if this fully resolves the issue, or reply with additional specifics if the problem persists.

Message 3 of 17
Zenmuron
in reply to: philip.s

Ok, new account created, this works fine.

Thanks! 🙂

Message 4 of 17
davor.andric

Hi,

I Created another EducationCommunity UserID and it returns the same "Error assigning serial number to product: This is an operation implementation generated fault" problem message with my new ID's SN.

Now I have two IDs that don't work.

Please help me!

Should I create a third ID? - If I do how can I delete those that didn't work? 

Error assigning serial number to product: This is an operation implementation generated fault

Autodesk AutoCAD 2014 (English) 64-Bit

Your serial number details:

Serial Number:900-3******4 Product Key: 001F1

Message 5 of 17
philip.s
in reply to: davor.andric

No need to delete the other 2, but can you please try creating a 3rd with a completely different email address (not ending in @arhitekt.hr) and let us know if that resolves the issue?

Message 6 of 17
davor.andric

Yes, it worked.

Thank you very much.

Message 7 of 17
philip.s
in reply to: davor.andric

You're welcome and please let us know if we can be of additional assistance down the road!

Message 8 of 17
eldealli

Hello,

I am having the same error, when I try to get the student license number for Green Building Studio:

Error assigning serial number to product: This is an operation implementation generated fault

I have already tried with 3 different email acoounts, and none of them worked. Is there any other solution?

Thank you in advance

Message 9 of 17
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: eldealli

Hi Raf,

I'll take a look into your account and will get back to you with any updates.

Also I may need to reset your password in case I need to log in and troubleshoot further. I will send you a Private Message (small envelope beside your profile name at the upper right side of the Home Page) with your log in credentials. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 10 of 17
eldealli
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Hi joane,

I still cannot get it. Actually is the only one I cannot, for example I got the serial for 3ds Max this morning, it is strange...

I think I haven´t received any PM.

Thank you

Message 11 of 17
amanda.k

Hi Raf,

Before I rest your password to troubleshoot, I would like to make sure you are following the instructions as listed here for activating the GBS. There are specific steps that you must take to receive your license beyond requesting a Serial Number like the other products in the Education Community.

Once you have done those steps please update me if you are or are not successful. If you are not, I will reset your password and troubleshoot this, however when I followed the instructions above on my account I was successful.

Thank you!

Amanda Kinley
Community Program Manager
Message 12 of 17
eldealli
in reply to: amanda.k

Hi Amanda,

Sorry I didnt see your post because it was in the 2nd page.

I already had an account in Green Building studio, the problem is that I didnt activated it properly, so it was a trial. I didnt realised I had run out of projects (2 maximum), so maybe that´s why I cannot get the serial now?

I made the steps on the PDF with a different account, but i get another Trial account with the same limitation (2 projects), and gives me the same error on the download center when I try to get the serial.

Thank you!

Message 13 of 17
jurienmeerlo

Hi, I'm having this issue as well: "Error assigning serial number to product: This is an operation implementation generated fault." I have tried with 4 different accounts. The issue remains. After installing 3ds max 2014 I was unable to activate it with the message "The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again". Can you help me with this?

Message 14 of 17
philip.s
in reply to: jurienmeerlo

Hello Jurien!

As mentioned in some of the other solutions, this is typically associated with a profile issue, where the workaround is to create a new account with a different email address and proceed with obtaining a new serial number.

Can you let us know if that works for you?

Message 15 of 17
jurienmeerlo

Hi Philip,

I read the other solutions and created 4 accounts in total to see if it would work with a different account but I get the same message on all of them. I used a .live.nl email address, 2 gmail email addresses and a .owyoow.com email address. Should I create a fifth account and try again?

Message 16 of 17
philip.s
in reply to: jurienmeerlo

Thanks for confirming and my apologies for missing that earlier. As all seems to be working on my end, would you mind sending me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with the accounts used?

Message 17 of 17
philip.s

Hi Raf,

I'm looking into this one now and will get back to you shortly with my findings!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report