Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Do you want to allow incoming network connections" appears on every Maya launch

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
smb
Explorer
3577 Views, 14 Replies

"Do you want to allow incoming network connections" appears on every Maya launch

I have been running Maya 2013 for several months now with no issues. Yesterday I upgraded to the 2013.5 extension. Now every time I launch the program an OS alert pops up to ask me if I want the application to accept incoming network connections.

I use OS X 10.7.5 and the firewall is enabled. Maya is set to allow incoming network connections in the advanced firewall settings. At most this prompt should appear only the first time I launch the application.

Internet searches turned up several references to this problem. Apparently it's related to the integrity of the application file; if it isn't correctly signed or if some components are corrupt or missing, the OS responds with this prompt.

In terminal I ran this command:

% codesign -v --verbose /Applications/Autodesk/maya2013.5/Maya.app

and got this response:

Maya.app: a sealed resource is missing or invalid
In architecture: x86_64
resource added: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2013.5/Maya.app/Contents/Resources/ja_JP.lproj/plug-ins/fbxmaya.pres.mel
resource added: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2013.5/Maya.app/Contents/Resources/zh_CN.lproj/plug-ins/fbxmaya.pres.mel

I'm no developer, though, so I don't understand what this means or how it should be fixed. The recommended fix is to uninstall and then reinstall the application. I've done that but the problem persists. 

If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears. This is really annoying.

SB

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
david.lau
in reply to: smb

Can you just try to add the application as an exception?

David Lau
Message 3 of 15
smb
Explorer
in reply to: david.lau

David,

Thank you for your reply. I've manually added Maya.app to the list of applications in the Firewall Options panel -- is that what you mean? It makes no difference, because Maya is already listed there and has been cleared to accept all incoming network connections. Despite this the prompt still appears every time I launch the app.

I took a look inside the application Contents folder and found that the two files flagged by codesign have earlier modification dates than anything else (August 24 vs. Sept. 14). Again, I'm not sure what this means, but apparently the system has found something in the installation that it doesn't like and responds by sending me this prompt.

I'll be moving one of my installations of Maya to a new machine in a few days, so we'll see if it's the app or something with my OS.

Steve

Message 4 of 15
david.lau

I will test out an install myself of Maya 2013 Extension and check the Firewall settings too. 

David Lau
Message 5 of 15
david.lau

I just tested this in Maya 2013.5 and with the the Firewall on and with the exception for Maya, it will still come up with the  dialog box to allow/deny in the Firewall settings.  I think you are correct that there appears to be a problem with the behaviour.

David Lau
Message 6 of 15
smb
Explorer

David,

Thank you for following up -- good to know that you've been able to duplicate it.

Steve

Message 7 of 15
david.lau

I have reported the issue to development to resolve.  I hope it's easy.  This is another one that we had on Windows (more of an FYI) with Maya 2013 Extension:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/09/maya-2013-extension-deployment-error-the-copy-fun...

Also check out posts categories by Mac...you may find some of the interesting.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/mac/

David Lau
Message 8 of 15
pixonti

I noticed this thread was listed as "solved" but I am having this issue constantly. I have searched for a solution when I discovered this, but there didn't seemed to be any real solution. Is this still in progress?

Message 9 of 15
smb
Explorer
in reply to: pixonti

No, no solution yet. Hopefully it's a simple thing to correct and on someone's to-do list for Maya 2014. 

Steve

Message 10 of 15
david.lau

It is indeed on someone's 2013 to-do list.   Smiley Happy

David Lau
Message 11 of 15
boydwilkinson

Any news on this? I'm having this issue with Maya 2014 and OS X Maverics.

Message 12 of 15
romoart
in reply to: boydwilkinson

yea its really starting to annoy me now, Im surprised Autodesk has not fixed this by now, other threads relating to this glitch elsewhere online go back as far as 2012!
Message 13 of 15
caxix

Hope that someone got fired. Bug is still alive and happy in Maya 2016!!!

Message 14 of 15
DaveVrooman

I'm still seeing it with 2016 SP4 on Mac OS X 10.10.5

Message 15 of 15
pixelwash
in reply to: DaveVrooman

And in Maya 2016.5!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report