Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quiet Install via SCCM 2012

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1474 Views, 7 Replies

Quiet Install via SCCM 2012

I'm currently trying to deploy AutoDesk Architecture 2011 through SCCM to a number of workstations on my network.  I created the deployment image and the batch file i'm running contains the following command: setup.exe /w /q /i adminimage\architecture 2011 x64.ini /lang en-US

My issue is that when i manually run the batch file, everything installs fine, but as soon as I have SCCM push the install, the installation itself hangs.  Does anyone have a solution to this?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
DannyHubbard
in reply to: Anonymous

You will probably need to specify the full path to the INI file rather just the adminimage folder, the relative path probably won't work from a batch file.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: DannyHubbard

Hi Danny,

Thanks for the quick reply.  The issue with specifying the full path is that SCCM pushes the software and all its associated file to a randomly named folder in c:\windows\ccmcache.  I tried modifying the script so that it reads: setup.exe /w /q /i %~dp0architecture 2011 x64.ini /lang en-US

but that just caused the command to error out.

Message 4 of 8
DannyHubbard

The relative path like below should work fine if you are creating a Package for the AutoCAD Architecture install itself on the SCCM server, but you mentioned you are running all of this from a Batch file in which case the relative path wouldn't work.

adminimage\setup.exe /w /q /i adminimage\architecture 2011 x64.ini /lang en-US

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Hi Danny,

I tried running it straight from SCCM with the setup.exe command and it still did the same thing.  It hangs on install.  I did notice that after the software is downloaded to ccmcache, when the command runs, it creates another folder in ccmcache called adminimage with a folder in it called x64, but both directories are empty.

Message 6 of 8
DannyHubbard

First on the server check the Package properties on the Data Source tab and teh Source Folder, should be something like \\servername\sharename\deploymentfolder, if you included the AdminImage folder then it would change the command string needed.

Also you should try, temporarliy, changing the deployment to Run from the Distribution Point just to see if it installs, make sure the pathing and program sting is correct.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Actually, I just found out what the issue was. For whatever reason, the adminimage hides two files: ss32x25.ocx and support.cdc, so setup.exe wasn't able to call those files for whatever reason and the installation process would just hang. So basically, what I had to do was, go into where each of those folders were (adminimage\x64\ACA\ss32.x25.ocx and adminimage\x64\en-US\ACA\Acad\Program Files\Root\UserDataCache\Support\Support.cdc) and go into their properties and unhide them. The install worked fine after that.

I do have a second question, though. I'm trying to get the program to silently UNINSTALL as well. I went to the HKEY Local Machine and found the uninstall path: c:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Architecture 2011\Setup\Setup.exe /P {5783F2D7-9004-0409-0102-0060B0CE6BBA} /M ACAD /language en-US

My second question is, how do i make this uninstall process silent? When I add the /q switch, the installation just hangs again.

Thank you.

Message 8 of 8
DannyHubbard

To uninstall the string should be something like.

c:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Architecture 2011\Setup\Setup.exe /Q /P {5783F2D7-9004-0409-0102-0060B0CE6BBA} /R ACAD /language en-US

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report