Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions Autocad 2006 -Autocad 2009 -Autocad 2010 Flexlm version 10.1.5

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
EmiliosHadjiprokopiou1069
1361 Views, 8 Replies

Questions Autocad 2006 -Autocad 2009 -Autocad 2010 Flexlm version 10.1.5

It is nice to find this nice community.

I have FLexlm version 10.1.5
The lic file contains licenses for Autocad 2006 and Autocad 2009 which are working

My question are :

1. Is it possible to add to the license file l for Autocad 2010 ( 10 licenses) or I have to upgrade the flexlm license manager.

2. On the same manager I have Matlab, Crystall Ball , ABAQUS. Will this programs will be affected if I try to upgrade the flexlm manager? This is the reason why for now I prefer to use the Flexlm manager that I have.

3. Which portion of the Autocad 2010 do I have to copy paste to the lic file.

4. Do I have to leave blank lines between the license code of each Autocad version

5. Is there any other special tips that I need to know for the lic file

6. I have 40 more Autocad 2010 licences. How do I combined them with the previous 2010 licenses. Do I get the new license file from Autodesk and copy paste it to the lic file ?

What I have done up to know is :

1. I got the lic file for the Autocad 2010 ( the first 10 licenses)
2. That lic file had a part says PACKAGE and then two parts that says INCREMENT
3. I tried with both
(a) inlcude the part of PACKAGE with the INCREMENT in the old lic file
(b) inlcude the part of only the INCREMENT in the old lic file

4. I created a deployement.

5. None of this work for 2010 ( part 3 (a) and ( b) ) . 2009 and 2006 is working fine.

6. I am able to ping the license server with its name.

7.I also try to leave blank lines betweens the licenses of 2006 2009 2010 which make no difference. ( I just wanted to find out whether the way that the parser reads the file will make any different )

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

you should read the "combining autodesk license files" kb article that explains quite well your situation (I hope you already know that you have to click "reread lic file" or restart the lm service from lmtools after modifying the lic file).
anyway you should install the flexlm provided with autocad 10 because probably it needs the latest version to work (also there is a kb article. of course it is compatible with older products).
Message 3 of 9

You have quite a list of questions!
1. You must upgrade your NLM to the version provided on your 2010 media.
2. The FlexLM is backwards compatible and should not affect your existing products. The latest version still has the same look and feel that you are used to.
3. You only need the INCREMENT and PACKAGE portions of your 2010 license. You do not need any of the header information. Also, your LIC file should only contain one PLIST entry from your latest license file.
4. No. You do not have to leave blank lines, but it does help for clarity when you have multiple licenses. This is personal preference.
5. No, there really isn't anything more to be concerned about with your LIC file. Just append your 2010 to the end and resave.
6. To combine similar products (i.e. two sets of 2010) you need to have both licenses created on the same date. When they are created on the same date, the NLM will combine the amount of licenses appropriately. Otherwise, the file with the latest creation date will take priority. Also, if your 2010 is under Subscription and has a PACKAGE line, then it is backwards compatible for licenses going back to 2009, 2008, and 2007 and will subsequently supercede any other existing licenses of those types in your LIC file. If you do not want this, have Autodesk generate your LIC files without the PACKAGE option.
7. Follow the above information and your 2010 licenses should work. You will need to update your NLM and properly append your 2010 licenses for it to work. Your status enquiry in LMTOOLS should provide you with the information showing that your licenses are available, when configured properly.
If you have any additional questions, simply post them here.
Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 9

Thanks a lot for the informations.

The LMtools has been upgraded and now everyting is working properly.
Message 5 of 9

Is it possible to install the new version of Flexlm without using the wizard? I have searched the installation media and seem to be unable to find it. To use the wizard, it seems like you need components that we do not want on our lab server; such as directx and .net.
Message 6 of 9

Yes. Here is the adskflex.exe that is version 11.5 provided from the Autodesk 2010 media. You can always get the latest FlexLM files here:

http://www.globes.com/support/fnp_utilities_download.htm

The latest version for Windows is now 11.7.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 9

Thank you; I am downloading as I type...
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

hi i m azeem from bahain
i m using autocad 2010
n i like to work in classic mode, but i want to do in 3d modling also but i have a problem when i swich back to classic mode from 3d modeling
my all pellet setting got lost its just like appears as new cad installed can u help me how can i save pelletes???
Message 9 of 9

Azeem,

Please ask your question in this forum if you would like a prompt response:

http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=360

Thanks.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report