Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding reinstallation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
pmiles2
249 Views, 1 Reply

Question regarding reinstallation

Hi All,

I have been a long time user of 3DS MAX... starting out at release 3.0.  Needless to say, over the years I have acquired numerous upgrades and now have a closet full of boxes that need to go.  I'm currently running MAX Design 2009 under Windows 7.  It was the last version that I received while under subscription.  Can I just toss all the other versions an just keep this one?  The box contains the serial number and my old contract number on it so I am assuming that would be enough to provide Autodesk with proof of who I am should some issue arise.

My concern is that I may toss too much stuff and not be able to reinstall the software in the future.  Anyone know if it is safe to toss the previous versions if you have a newer version (i.e. select subscription edition)?  Been a while since I've had to reinstall MAX.  I've held on to the other versions due to backwards compatibility but haven't had the need to install the older versions for quite some time.

Thanks in advance,

P. Miles

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: pmiles2

You should always be able to install and activate the last version you owned under Subscription.  I can't foresee a situation where you need the older versions. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report