Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about activation after imaging computers with Inventor

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
balimont
186 Views, 1 Reply

Question about activation after imaging computers with Inventor

Hello everyone,

I'm currently in the process of building PLTW images for our school district.  We have a Standalone license for Inventor.  I've made an image, with Inventor installed, but I have not run it.  I then capture that image.  We are in an Active Directory network environment.  My question is this:  Is there a way to configure Inventor on the image (or possibly do some registry editing after imaging) that will disable or remove all the license agreement/activation screens that each new user sees when the run Inventor?  Basically, I'm looking for a way to get rid of all that stuff across all profiles that log into the computer.

Thank you for your time and any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!   🙂

Bernie

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: balimont

No, not on stand-alones.  There's not really a good method on cloning those machines.  What you want to look into is an educational network license.  That will allow you to install all of your clients and preconfigure them to point to the NLM.  At that point, you can clone them infinitely.  That's really your only recourse.  Else you have to activate each individial machine and activating a clone is often times problematic and riddled with failures. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report