Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased PC, per 'elite' recommendation, Inventor STILL not loading

25 REPLIES 25
Message 1 of 26
Danielxz9
823 Views, 25 Replies

Purchased PC, per 'elite' recommendation, Inventor STILL not loading

Per my son's Instructors recommendation, we are trying to load Inventor. It has been a month since we started trying to load. First we tried Parallels on our mac. Autodesk said we needed more RAM. Last week, had phone support with Autodesk, who recommended we needed more RAM/ a new PC. So, we booted up our newly built PC. We are receiving the same error message now that we received on our Mac/Parrallel/Windows. "CRC failed in Setup\InventorUI.dll Unexpected end of archive"

25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26
mdavis22569
in reply to: Danielxz9

Do you have the anti-virus turned off thru install?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 26
mcgyvr

Inventor version?

Computer operating system and 32 or 64 bit? 

Did you download the proper version?..aka 64 bit for 64 bit OS.. 32 bit for 32 bit OS,etc...

Not familiar with that error exactly but it sounds like either the download was corrupted or you downloaded the wrong files..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 26
-niels-

Welcome to the Forum!

I have absolutely no experience with Mac's or Parallel's but from this topic:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Inventor-on-Macbook-Pro-with-Retina-Display-with-Para...

I figure it might be some setting in Paralell that needs to be changed for you to get more RAM.
Might be worth looking into that.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 5 of 26
danielneuhaus

Thank you, we sold our son's Mac last week and our new PC was built last night, per specs of the Autodesk Elite: 8g RAM & video card.

Michael, we purchased anti virus protection through our fioptics internet service. Should we call our service and ask them to cancel?

Does someone have a link as to how to disable the anti-virus from our wrk station? (Just to make sure its done properly)
Message 6 of 26
mdavis22569
in reply to: danielneuhaus

No.. but turn it off for the installation ... That and the Firewall.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 7 of 26
mdavis22569
in reply to: mdavis22569

What model the pc ..that would help know where to find the disable options

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 8 of 26
danielneuhaus

Yes, we are using the student free-trial version and the proper 64-bit with our 64-bit version of Windows 7
Message 9 of 26
mdavis22569

are all the windows 7 updates installed?

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 10 of 26
danielneuhaus

Our newly built PC has components Netis wireless, MSI 970A-G46 main board, Radeon R7 250 video card....in other words our PC is not any one brand, our engineer hand picked the components per autodesk elite specs given to me last week.
Message 11 of 26
david.lau

The Radeon card maybe problematic with Autodesk Inventor.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?siteID=123112&id=18844534&results=1&stype=graphic&produ...

Please note the following:

AMD Radeon = Consumer

AMD FirePro/Fire GL = Professional CAD/CAM/Media

Nvidia Geforce = Consumer

Nvidia Quadro = Professional CAD/CAM/Media

David Lau
Message 12 of 26
danielneuhaus

I was informed by this forum's admin, that my post will be moved to the installation forum in order to get more feedback - will I receive email notification when someone responds?
Message 13 of 26
TravisNave

Problems downloading the Autodesk software and/or CRC errors may be avoided by using another web browser, or using the alternate browser download method.

For more detailed information on this process, please see the following blog post tip here:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/08/downloading-software-browser-download-vs-download...

I would recommend that you try downloading your product using the virtual assistant by following the directions here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 14 of 26
Danielxz9

We disabled the Firewall and it actually loaded. Everything loaded but: " SOME PRODUCTS FAILED TO INSTALL". THe Autodesk Revit Interoperability for Inventor 2014, LIbraries, Vault, Recap loaded. BUT, Autodesk Inventor did not install. When looking at the installation log file, we found: '1603'  error message. I've seen that error message somewhere on a forum. Does this indicate that I need an SP1? If so, where is that? 

Message 15 of 26
Danielxz9

I believe disabling the Firewall in Windows 7 and using Google Chrome ( a different browser than what we had been using) has facilitated the successful install of a few of these items (Revit, Vault, Libraries, etc.), BUT Inventor has NOT yet installed. Thank you. 

Message 16 of 26
TravisNave

Attach your install log.  It'll probably help.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 17 of 26
Danielxz9
in reply to: TravisNave

As a mac person, I would simply take a screen shot of the log and attach. How does a PC retrieve & attach a log after its been closed?

Sent from my iPhone
Message 18 of 26
Danielxz9
in reply to: -niels-

In order to afford a new PC, we sold the Mac. We are a mac family and purchasing a PC is NOT a move we wanted to make, but, since our son is majoring in engineering....we made the move. So far, its been a huge challenge and has consumed much time.
Message 19 of 26
Danielxz9

I gave a 'kudos' because disabling the Firewall allowed a complete download, but the installation has been a complete fail. I will accept anything as a 'solution' when the program is finally being used.
Message 20 of 26
Danielxz9

Thank you, yes, we just now installed the updates. We will try the download from the beginning, as well as the install and let you know.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report