Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prompt for license server on initial opening of Autocad

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tracihabergham
342 Views, 1 Reply

Prompt for license server on initial opening of Autocad

Hi There,

I have a problem when I fire up Autocad/Architecture as it prompts me for the License Server/Location. It does this every morning, just the once which is the first time I open it. I can either type in the server name or quit out and re-enter Autocad and it will pick up the license. This happens on 2no machines but nobody elses! All variables are the same and point direct to the server. Its just the fact that it is exactly the same every day so I don't think it is the link to license manager.

Any ideas welcome as I don't have a clue!!!

Thank you

Traci
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: tracihabergham

Sounds like your machines can't find the server by hostname. You might add an entry to your C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\ HOSTS file to ensure that the client always knows how to resolve the hostname to IP if the DNS/WINS is acting up.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report