Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1536 Views, 1 Reply

ProductInformation PIT

hello guyz,

ive having some trouble with this installation error since one of my installation hanged halfway. Now I cannot install any autodesk products. It also affected other autodesk products that I had. So I went around the net searching solution but the only solution that I had found was deleting ProductInformation.pit file, but before deleting it you need to uninstall all autodesk products in which I have a lot to uninstall and reinstall. It will take a lot of time doing just that I have no backup before the error, so I was wondering if its possible to FIX the ProductInformation.pit file??? like open it in notepad or something to fix whatever errors that put it in this state???

system: win7x64 

autodesk student 2014: revit, autocad, ecotect, 3ds, naviswork, simulationCFD(hanged which resulted in this error), vasari(cannot install after cfd)

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Darin.Green
in reply to: Anonymous

If you delete the pit file, you will need to uninstall all Autodesk applications and reinstall them... 

Unfortunately, there's no way of repairing the existing pit file. However, if you have another machine with similar specs, you can install the software onto that machine then copy the pit file from the new installation and paste it onto the old machine where the corrupted pit file resides.

For this to work, you need to ensure the alternative machine has the same operating system (including 64bit or 32bit must be the same), and Autodesk Applications. Make sure the Autodesk application are using the correct licensing type and serial number information.

Thanks,

Darin

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report