Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Registration & Activation

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
LachlanTurner
939 Views, 6 Replies

Product Registration & Activation

Hi,
I am a student in Australia and recently downloaded and installed Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014 software.
When I open the program, an Autodesk Licencing window saying "Please Activate Your Product" comes up and then I select Activate, before being confronted with a window saying "Product Licence Activation Options" (on which the Serial Number is written). With the "Connect now and activate!(Recommended)" option selected I then click on Next. The follwing window loads telling me that "The serial number you have entered is not valid. Try again. (1)" and therefore will not let me proceed.
The serial number is already entered when the window appears and I have checked the number to make sure it is the same as the one I was supplied in an email as well as the one shown on the "Product Licence Activation Options" window.
What can I do to overcome this and activate my free 3-year student licence?
Cheers
Lachie

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi Lachie,

Welcome to our forums.

I've had a look at your Student account and it looks like the version you requested is actually Autodesk Inventor Professional 2015. Could you please uninstall the 2014 version, then try to install & download the 2015 version and activate it with your original serial number and product key 797G1 ?

Let us know if you're still having issues.

Simona Golisciano
Message 3 of 7

Hi, Simona
I have tried to download and install Autodesk Inventor Professional 2015, however it only gets to a certain point that it will not go beyond during this process. Would it be possible for me to request Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014, try to download and install that and then go from there with the serial number problem again?
Cheers
Lachie

Message 4 of 7

Hi Lachie,

Yes you can request for the 2014 version as well. In the EDU site, 2014 version is available for download. Just log into your account and download the Product.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 5 of 7

Hi Joane, 
I have now successfully downloaded and installed Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014, however I am now back to my original problem.

When I enter the serial number I was supplied by email, it tells me that "The serial number you have entered is not valid. Try again. (1)" meaning that I cannot activate my three year student licence.
I only have 2 days left on my 30 day trial period.
Cheers
Lachie

Message 6 of 7

Hi Simona,
I tried to download the Autodesk Inventor Professional 2015 version but it would get to a certain point and freeze, so I instead requested the 2014 and have managed to successfully download that and once again install it.
However, as it was in the first the I am getting the same message that my serial number is not valid, although it was the one I was sent through email.
I now only have one day left on my 30 day trial.
What can be done to resolve the issue so I can activate my free three year licence? 
Cheers
Lachie

Message 7 of 7

Hi Lachie,

It seems that your 2014 version was not generated correctly in our system. Sorry about that. I will work to fix this issue and I'll get back to you privately.

Sorry again.

Simona Golisciano

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report