Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Registration & Activation Issue (Error 3)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
657 Views, 1 Reply

Product Registration & Activation Issue (Error 3)

Hi Everyone

I was trying to activate my Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014, using an offline method (my standalone PC is not connected to the internet). I entered my serial number and product key, and I recieved a request code which I was expected to use online to request an activation code with. However, when I enter my request code, I recieve an error "The request code you entered is not valid. Try again (Error 3)" See image below. Can someone please help Smiley Sad

Autodesk activation issue.png

Here's an image of the Offline Activation Request dialogue, generated by the software after I entered the serial number.

Offline Activation Request.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
hazlipa
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi mendoj! Glad to have you here in the community!

Thanks for including the screenshots! Although activations typically require internet access, there is a way to activate it offline. The best point of contact to have this done would be with our Activation and Registration Team, they can be contacted using the following steps:

1. Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
2. Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
3. Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus
4. Select “I Still Need Help” if you need personal assistance

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Ariel Hazlip

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report