Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Key and Serial #

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
1848 Views, 13 Replies

Product Key and Serial #

Hi,

I am Steve Ediza who just starting to learn about CAD. My friend send me a Web Link to enable me to download the 30-day trial version. I was able to down load everything. It took me a considerable memory space in my hardisk and time of downloading. After the downloading had been completed, I clicked the "Deployment" and followed all the instructions. It asked about entering the serial # and the product key. I don't about this information she was asking. I called this no: 1-800-2340-0742 and somebody on the other end told me to enter all zeroes. It did not work. Is there somebody could help me how to solve my simple problem?

Regards,

Steve

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

You can not deploy a trial.  Instead of choosing deployment, choose the first option to install the product.  You can then choose to run as a trial version. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous

I have already tried to click <Install this Product> the response was "You cannot install this product on the current operating system", but I had successfully installed our 14 monnth trial version during my CAD 2D training on the same computer. How come it cannot operate or run the Civil 3D. My computer is Core Dou Processor with 4GB RAM and 350 GB ROM with a very good graphics card. Is there any hardware or software that should I need to put into my computer in order to run the program? I am using VISTA Premium operating system. Please enlighten me. I need this to run in my computer very badly. My boss gave me only 3 months to master the Civil 3D or else the "unthinkable" will happen to my CAD operator job.

Regards,

Steve

Message 4 of 14
TravisNave

You have downloaded either the 32-bit or the 64-bit version and are installing it on the opposite OS.  You will need to download and install the appropriate trial. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

Please explain further what do you mean by "appropriate trial". I only clicked the download "trial" botton. I did not see any other botton that would give me other alternatives to download the trial version, if this is what yoiu mean.

Steve

Message 6 of 14
TravisNave

What I mean is that you most likely have a 64-bit OS and you have downloaded a 32-bit trial.  That is why you get the error about not being able to install on the current operating system. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

I see, you might be right. I have installed it in 32 bits. It might be my system is 64 bit OS. Now, do I have to delete all the CAD Civil 3D files and re-install it again in 64 bit? Am I right? I am willing to do it again. I don't mind if it would take me another considerable time to install it, as long as it will run successfully.

Steve

Message 8 of 14
TravisNave

That is correct. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous

Thanks for the advice. I have successfully downloaded it, but it is only good for 30 days. Is there a possibility to make it a year, or so? Or, can I request for an extension? I have just enrolled myself in CAD 3D  at Algonquin College for 3 months. The classes will start on September and the trial will expire in the mid September.

Steve

Message 10 of 14
TravisNave

No, but you might qualify for an academic version.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous

How? And for how many months?

Steve

Message 12 of 14
TravisNave

http://students.autodesk.com/

Autodesk Forums:
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous

Thanks, I will try it after my 30-day trial would elapsed.

Message 14 of 14
JDMather

Don't let the 30-day trial expire. Simply join the student community and obtain a serial number.  Activate your free 13-month student license. (you do not need to download and install again if you follow my instructions)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report