Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Design Suite Standard 2013 deployment problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ndra
802 Views, 3 Replies

Product Design Suite Standard 2013 deployment problem

Dear All,

I'm having a problem creating a deployment for Product Design Suite Standard 2013. When processing Inventor, it gives me the attached message, "Error 1402. Could not open key: KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Autodesk\\RegistryVersion17.0\System\Preferences. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel."

Then it fails.

On the log I get this "2012/5/30:14:41:55 administrator DIAMANTISG Installing Autodesk® Inventor® 2013: ACTION=ADMIN TARGETDIR=\\path\AdminImage\x86\inventor
2012/5/30:14:42:33 administrator DIAMANTISG Deployment INVENTOR CreateAdminImage failed! 1603"

The error dialog looks weird, if you notice the two \\ on the registry path. If it tries to write there, of course it will fail.

I'm using the installation files I donwloaded from ADN.

First thing I tried is shortening the (already short) deployment image path, logon the PC I'm preparing the deployment on as a domain and local admin, and also making a RegistrySizeLimit ffffffff key on the registry. Still the same error at the same point.

Can this be a problem with the installation files themselves? I don't understand why it would need to write something on the registry anyway.

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ndra
in reply to: ndra

Hm, no answer. I tried to create the deployment on a new machine, and everything worked fine. Still don't know what the problem is.

Lesson learned, from now on I will have ready-made deployments that I will copy to clients, and just change to config and shortcut files.

Cheers

Message 3 of 4
hhans
in reply to: ndra

I attempted to create a deployment for my school as well and got the same error.  I also can not figure out why it wants to write something to the registry.  Any suggestions?  I am a high school teacher and need to install Inventor, etc onto 2 classrooms.  Can't totally image all of the computers since this will create issues with tons of other software on the 50 computers.  I would hate to install the suite onto all of the computers individually....that would take forever.

Message 4 of 4
ndra
in reply to: hhans

Just create the deployment on another machine/share, and move it following these directions. http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Product_Design_Suite/enu/2012/Help/0000-Installa0/0148-Network_148/0200...

It worked fine for me, and haven't encountered any errors since.

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report