Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Design Suite Installation 2015 - Cannot Disable Sub-components

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
SBix26
590 Views, 6 Replies

Product Design Suite Installation 2015 - Cannot Disable Sub-components

Trying to configure installation of Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015 (same problem occurs when attempting to create a deployment).  In Inventor and in AutoCAD Mechanical, I do not wish to install any of the Sub-Components listed (e.g. Autodesk® Revit® Interoperability for Inventor® 2015, Exchange App Manager, etc.).  I can easily deselect them, but they do not remain deselected.  If I close an application's configuration section, then come back to it, all sub-components are selected again.

How can I disable these?  It's not too much of a problem with an individual installation, as I can just uninstall them after the installation.  But with a deployment this is a significant waste of time.  Why offer the option if it doesn't actually work??

Sam B
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
asburyj
in reply to: SBix26

Hi Sam,

I hadn't heard this. I am downloading a PDSU 2015 installer now to see if I can reproduce it. Have you found that if you uncheck those options they install anyway or is it just that they recheck if you collapse the options and then go back in?

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 7
SBix26
in reply to: asburyj

They install anyway.  

More detail: I'm installing only Inventor Pro, AutoCAD Mechanical, and the Inventor Content Browser for AutoCAD Electrical, and de-selecting all the Sub-components of each.  Somehow I was able on the last try to select in the right order to be able to retain the ACM de-selections, but not the Inventor ones.

For what it's worth, this also happened last year with Product Design Suite 2014, though I was eventually able to find a combination/order of selecting/de-selecting components that allowed it to work.  No luck so far this year...

- Sam

Message 4 of 7
asburyj

It looks like the Inventor Electrical Catalog browser is making those sub components for inventor  Auto-select. However if I don't install the Electrical Catalog Browser I am able to uncheck the sub components from inventor and they stay off. I am not sure if this behavior is by design or if it's a defect, I'll see to follow up with the delivery team. It seems to can work around this problem by doing the initial install without the inventor Electrical catalog browser selected and then run the installer again to add that after inventor/ACAD are installed in the configuration you wish. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 5 of 7
SBix26

I had come to the same conclusion, but I will be interested to know, too, if this is a defect or by design.

For an individual installation, it's true that adding the Electrical Catalog Browser after the initial install is easy to do.  But for a deployment image, is this also possible?  I have not had time to try it, but as I recall, you cannot add components to a deployment after it is created.

Thanks for the response,

Sam

Message 6 of 7
asburyj

You cant add on that installer outside of the normal slection process in the deployment setup. You would need to make one deployment that had inventor installed the way you want with all the products customer will need outside of that Catalog. Then make a second deployment with just inventor and the catalog. People can run that second deployment after then have invetor already installed the way they want and all they will get it the catalog because the installer will detect the already have inventor and skip that part of the install.

Jeffry Asbury
Message 7 of 7
SBix26

Ugh.  That's a bunch of extra disk space and two deployments to maintain.  

Please push this up to the delivery team as a defect.  There are workarounds, but they're really ugly.

Thanks for your help,

Sam

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report