Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Design Suite 2013 licensing issues

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
jazapata33
1024 Views, 8 Replies

Product Design Suite 2013 licensing issues

We just bought a new laptop for engineering and I have recently installed Autodesk product design suite 2013 on it. We have network licenses. When I connect it to the network directly through a LAN connection and try to open the software I receive an error. See attached image file.

I have taken the laptop else where and I have VPN into the server and it worked. Is there any reason this may be working with VPN but not with direct connection.

I also have checked to make sure there were enough license available for use.

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: jazapata33

Yes.  It is likely IPv6 or a combination of that and Firewall blocking ports 2080 and 27000. 

For more information about Network License Manager connectivity issues and IPv6, please see my discussion post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 9
jazapata33
in reply to: TravisNave

why would that be an issue if my workstation works fine with the same connection? Just curious.

Message 4 of 9
TravisNave

Because of the IP protocol in use, would be my guess.

You might PING the server from your LAN connection with the problem and make sure that the response is a valid IPv4 address.  You can also check with Internet Explorer on the firewall ports:

http://servername:2080

http://servername:27000

Those two should give a jargon response page if open.  (replace servername with your NLM server hostname.)

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 9
jazapata33

Alright I have the laptop connected through the LAN and have pinged the server. Here is the image of the server ping look just like my workstation ping.

Message 6 of 9
TravisNave

You need to PING by hostname, not IP address.  Repost your results.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 9
jazapata33

alright Here is what it looks like after I ping to by the server name. Also I am fairly new to all of this installation information so bare with me please.

Message 8 of 9
TravisNave

No problem.  It is exactly as I had predicted.  The reason you can't get licenses is because the connection trying to be made to the NLM server is IPv6.  This can be fixed by modifying the hosts file on the client machine to point to the IPv4 address (the one you PING'ed first) instead. 

The entire process is in my IPv6 fix.  Instead of the 127.0.0.1 (localhost) listed in my link, use the IP address of the NLM server along with its hostname on a separate line.  That should fix you up.

Essentially your hosts file entry should look like this:

10.100.0.48     RYKO5

Then when you PING it as you did in your last screen capture, it will be correct instead of the IPv6 jargon you saw instead.

For more information about Network License Manager connectivity issues and IPv6, please see my discussion post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982...

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 9
jazapata33

Thanks for all your help. your solutions has fixed the issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report