Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
mustafabm
1280 Views, 4 Replies

Product activation

I am having trouble with the product activation. So every time I start autodesk newly, the activation license pops up. So when I connect online, it says congratulations! your product has been activated. But when I restart the program, again the pop up comes up asking for activation. I have tried do it manually by getting a resquest code and it accepted my activation offline as well but the same problem persists after restart. Please help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: mustafabm

Welcome to the community.  What is your software version and operating system?

There was an issue with older version of Autodesk software, circa 2008, that had issues with newer SATA hard drives and this would cause activation issues. 

Newer 2014 software has activation crash issues. 

Please provide additional information so you can get the proper assistance. 

Thanks!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
mustafabm
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi I am using Autocad Civil 3d 2011. I could download and install the 2014 version but I would rather not go through the trouble of uninstallling and downloading again. I have windows 7 x64 version with 8gb ram if thats relevant. I also not sure if trying to activate the 2014 version will work therefore would like some more information.

Message 4 of 5
TravisNave

It's odd that you'd keep getting this on that version.  Do you have local admin rights?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
dembkod

mustafabm ,

Hello. Strange behavior, certainly. Likely there is something tripping up in the licensing for the product. I would try to move the tsf.data file and see if it helps. We are looking for a specific TSF.data file. It will resemble this: ADSKFLEX_NUMBERS_TSF.data. It should be located here:

Windows XP:

Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet

Vista/Windows 7:

C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet

Find this file and change the extension to something different, like ADSKFLEX_NUMBERS_TSF.data.BAK or completely move it from this folder. We don’t want to destroy it, just get it out of the way. After it is moved or renamed, start the program. A new TSF DATA file will be created and possibly a log file. If the program now works, great, if not, delete the NEW TSF.DATA file and the log and place the original file back in this location, or rename back to ADSKFLEX_NUMBERS_TSF.data

Now try to start the program. If you are asked to register, do so and you should be set. If it does not help, you may7 want to uninstall completely and then use the MS Fixit tool to uninstall again: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall\

Then remove the above tsf.data file and reinstall. This should gvie you a pretty clean install.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report