Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Activation license error 9.1.4. & 15.1.54

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
greasyone
3435 Views, 4 Replies

Product Activation license error 9.1.4. & 15.1.54

I installed AutoCad 2005 on my laptop and activated it without problem. I went to install and activate on my PC and everything went smoothly and I used the program that day. The next day I get Error 15.1.54 at bootup and then subsequently get Error 9.1.4 on subsequent boot-ups. I found an article on this exact error on support, but it does not provide suggestions on how to remedy this problem.

Here's the article description - "This error has occurred because the .dat file found in the Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Software Licenses directory has been deleted or corrupted.

To prevent reactivation, files in the Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Software Licenses directory should not be deleted or tampered with. Do not attempt to open and save the .dat file in a third-party application.

Also, setting a Windows folder security permission on the Software Licenses directory to deny read access to a user can also result in a 15.1.54 error."

I can see that the DAT file is there and i have not knowingly made any changes in the Autodesk program files. Does anyone have any advice on how to proceed? PLEASE?
Thanks Much!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: greasyone

Exclude that file from your virus scanning. You might even consider deleting it and just reactivating your product incase the file is already corrupted.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
stron

ok
Message 4 of 5
cy_shuster

The .dat file is there again because it's re-created every time the product is launched.

Your symptoms look like a clear case of the .dat file being deleted (.54 followed by .4), not corrupted. Do you have any software that rolls back file changes? Or boot manager or other software that loads before Windows starts?

It's safest not to delete .dat files. You can easily cause more trouble.

--Cy--
Message 5 of 5
ABielecki

Hi, I know that this case is very old but our client has similar problem with AutoCAD Civil 3D. He claims that he hasn't any sofrware that could cased this problem, or he doesn't know about this.

Do You have any solution for that?

GIS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report