Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with installing Autodesk 3ds Max 2014 64- bit

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jelmargerritsen
5425 Views, 6 Replies

Problems with installing Autodesk 3ds Max 2014 64- bit

I'm using a student license, i'm on Windows 7 Professional 64- bit.

Whenever i try to install 3ds Max, I get this error halfway through the installation, when it is at 3ds Max:

"There is a problem with this windows installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

The installation finishes, but it says 3ds Max failed, aswell as the other programs. A few do get installed, such as the SDK and the Essential skills video's. Also, there are files in the 3ds Max output folder but when i try to run the 3dsmax.exe, i get the 0x0000007 error, which leads me to think that the installation was indeed not completed.

I then use Microsoft Fix It to remove 3ds Max, but whenever i try again i get the same error.

Any help would be appreciated. The logs are attached.

Regards,

Jelmar Gerritsen

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Odd thing I noticed is that your install files seem to be located on your C:\ drive under \Program Files.  And you are installing to D:\.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7

I tried something new. Before that i installed onto C:\program files and program files (x86), but that didn't work either.

Message 4 of 7

I see.

You know, I am required to state the obvious here:

1.  Make sure you user has local admin rights.

2.  Make sure UAC is off.

3.  Make sure anti-virus is disabled.

Also check your %TEMP% folder for the other Max installation log.  Should be larger and have a bunch of info in it.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 7

Anti-virus is disabled, UAC is off and I'm admin.
I tried attaching the bigger log before, but it said it was too big. Will try again tomorrow.
Message 6 of 7

Zip it.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 7

The .zip file is still too big, so i uploaded it to Google Drive. Link here.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report