Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with installing auto cad LT 2013 for mac on OS X Yosemite 10.10.1

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
Dawethebrawe
1003 Views, 18 Replies

Problems with installing auto cad LT 2013 for mac on OS X Yosemite 10.10.1

Hi!

I'we recently repaired my 2011 27" imac. Got it back with the latest OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 installed.

When i try to install my old autocad 2013 LT, during the check up, when the program checks if the OS X i supported,

the program says that the current OS X is not supported and have to be OS X 10.6.4 or later.

And it shuts down, I can't complete the installation.

How to do?

I have a later version right?

I tried to download Lt 2015 but my serialkey won't work with that version 😉 hehe

// David Gustafsson, Sweden

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
JSeeYit
in reply to: Dawethebrawe

I have same problem. Autodesk isn't good about support.

Any ideas, people?
Message 3 of 19
stevek

I am having the same issue.  Please Help!

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: stevek
Message 5 of 19
ampster401
in reply to: JSeeYit

@JSeeYit wrote:
I have same problem. Autodesk isn't good about support.

Any idea just how much you or your company might have paid for that support?

It's not free.

Message 6 of 19
JSeeYit
in reply to: ampster401

Support for installing a paid-for program should be included in the price. Who are you, by the way? An Autodesk employee?

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: JSeeYit

no this is a public forum this is not a direct portal to Autodesk

support options Autodesk offers: http://www.autodesk.com/subscription/technical-support

which one did you buy?

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous

Did anyone come up with a solution for this problem?

Message 9 of 19
jessica.t
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello all!

Service Pack 3 for AutoCAD LT 2013 for Mac is now available. This resolves the Yosemite compatibility issue. If you have any questions please let us know.

Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 10 of 19
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Did anyone come up with a solution for this problem?

yes

@maxim_k has posted a workaround to get this to work: please read carefully http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-for-mac-general/how-to-install-autocad-lt-2013-for-mac-on-mac-pro-with-os/td-p/5458664

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 11 of 19
stevek
in reply to: jessica.t

This does not solve the problem of being able to install the program. When running the installer it says I need mac os x 10.6.4 or later.  Without installing I cannot apply the service pack. Please help!

Message 12 of 19
Dawethebrawe
in reply to: jessica.t

Hi Jessica!

I'm sure this work as a solution for those who already have the program installed at their computers.

But i cant even start the installation properly, because it says that the OS (10.10) is a to old version (!?) and is not supported by autocad 2013.

Probably because it isn't recognised by the installation wizard and therefore it thinks the OS must be to old.

But it isn't.

I begin to think this is why my computer broke down in the first place, i was upgrading to OS 10.10 and the day after it was broken,

and i had to repair my computer..

Best regards

David Gustafsson

Message 13 of 19
asburyj

Did you see the other workaround Darren posted earlier in the tread? This will likely be what you need to do to perform the inistial install until an updated installer for 2013 is released.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-for-mac-general/how-to-install-autocad-lt-2013-for-mac-on-mac-...

Jeffry Asbury
Message 14 of 19
stevek
in reply to: asburyj

I did see the work around and tried it but it didnt work(its also critical you dont make a mistake). I will attempt it again.... Do you know when and if there will be a release of a fix for this?

Message 15 of 19
asburyj

I haven't heard an ETA for an updated installer yet. When you are installing make sure you are using the latest version of the AutoCAD LT 2013 installer that is currently available. Here's a link 

http://efulfillment.autodesk.com/SWDLDDLM/2013/ACDMAC/ESD/AutoCAD_2013_English_Mac_OSX_R1.dmg?authpa...

Jeffry Asbury
Message 16 of 19
DarrenP
in reply to: asburyj

Autodesk has provided a compatible install of Autocad LT 2013 for MAC for yosemite
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt-for-mac/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-lt...

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 17 of 19
stevek
in reply to: DarrenP

I used the work around provided in another thread, do you think I should uninstall and re install the version you just prvided?
Message 18 of 19
DarrenP

if its working i wouldn't do anything

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 19 of 19
Dawethebrawe
in reply to: DarrenP

DarrenP, you Sir, are the man!

Thank you alot! 

Now it's working 😃

Best Regards

David 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report