Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with activation

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
cjunge
227 Views, 3 Replies

Problems with activation

We created a license transfer file, unloaded the machine, reinstalled the operating system and tried to transfer the license back to the same machine. The license transfer did not work and now we can't use the software. There are no other installations. We need to get this resolved ASAP.

Sending me a stock form email that tells me that the maximum number of activations has been reached is redundant and counterproductive. We followed the correct procedures and still have problems. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: cjunge

The transfer utility never works.  In any case, all you need to do is call Autodesk Activations and get a new activation code.  Please note that this is only for activations and not product support.

Please call Autodesk Product Registration and Authorization:

http://en.autodesk.ca/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=9719649&id=9830778

1-800-551-1490 > Option 1 (English) > Option 1 > (Stand-alone)

Asia / Pacific: 65.6735.5688
Europe / Middle East / Asia: 41.32.723.9595

You will need to provide your serial number and the request code.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
cjunge
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks for your help. 

Glad we used the License tool.

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: cjunge

Yeah, it's easier to pick up the phone and get an activation code.  I treat the license utility like a lottery instant scratch-off ticket.  You might get lucky, but chances are you'll lose.  Smiley Very Happy

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report