Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems switching LT Revit suite to Mac os from windows

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
ray
Explorer
906 Views, 11 Replies

Problems switching LT Revit suite to Mac os from windows

I have had an incredibly difficult time finding support to download my subscription to my new mac.  I had previously been using the windows vsn.  My computer crashed and I have since purchased a mac.  I have a subscription to the autocad LT Revit suite 2014..  Any help greatly appreciated! 

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
DarrenP
in reply to: ray

who said revit lt suite is available for the MAC?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
ray
Explorer
in reply to: DarrenP

Are u kidding!?
Message 4 of 12
jeffrey.sin

Hi Ray,

AutoCAD Revit LT Suite is not available for Mac since Autodesk Revit LT is not compatible on Mac at the moment. Here's the link to the Revit LT system requirements for more information.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 5 of 12
pendean

Did you not check first? Wow! Who does that.

You can run Windows on your MAC using several options: http://store.apple.com/us/browse/guide/windows
Message 6 of 12
ray
Explorer
in reply to: pendean

Is it a prerequisite to be condescending to answer forum questions?
I think my question is relatively simple...You can now go back to your dark corner and return your head to your perineum. Who asks rhectorical questions in a support forum?

Thank you for the link, idiot

Sincerely,
Who
Message 7 of 12
pendean

Amazement was being expressed, young fellow: Don't get mad at me because you did't do your homework first before blowing a big wad of money on a MAC.

Glad I could help 🙂
Message 8 of 12
dgorsman

Welcome to the wonderful world of software.  Not all programs run on all operating systems, or on all hardware.  Two of the most important tasks when purchasing software is to ensure it will run on your intended operating system and hardware, including installing trials/testing to meet your needs.  The onus of checking compatibility is on the user.

While you may be frustrated, please review the forum rules as well as your attitude.  A calm, professional approach will solve many more problems than a confrontational one.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 9 of 12
ray
Explorer
in reply to: dgorsman

Thank you dgorsman for your feedback.
Please note, I am not a seasoned Autocad2014/windows/Mac/revit expert nor am I aggressive.
I will take note of your feedback as well as respect the forum rules.

I would like to make a recommendation; Forums should not be used as a platform to insult non technically savvy or inexpert users. I have found (in the grueling hours researching this topic AND the disparaged pining of "experts" which is best and what does and doesn't work) that it is not difficult to overlook certain criteria..compatibility, for example.
I researched ad nauseum and poled users, technical advisors, forums etc. as well as the monstrously inadequate autocad website. Autocad has been a great tool. But when it comes to straight answers and support, it takes a week to find an answer to a simple question. "Is autocad compatible with Mac?"...I should have been more specific. "Is autocad revit suite 2014 compatible with Mac OSx?"

This IS 2014 and Mac prides itself on design and autodesk is a design professional's tool..???

Let's not get carried away.

Simply put; You are the expert because you know, not ordained to be dismissive of those who don't.

I am a design professional and an excel in many areas including my professional field. At no time (of the many I have been paid for my expert advice), have I ever condescended to an inquirer. It's simply inappropriate, inappropriate and antisocial.

Think about how you address those who are in need of your "support". Be professional and understanding and "supportive". We get it YOU KNOW!

Sincerest,
Message 10 of 12
DarrenP

if you want MAC OS compatibility you may want to return the revit lt suite and buy the products separately

for windows buy just revit lt for MAC buy just autocad lt for the mac

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 11 of 12
threeoclock

Hear Hear. I'm glad an "expert," on a forum has been put in his place. It does seem ridiculous that Revit isn't available on OS X, considering the market they are both aimed at. Something I also didn't realise until I was a committed user of OS X… Luckily I hadn't bought Revit yet. You can run Windows on a Mac though, if it comes to it. Keep up the good fight.
Message 12 of 12
ray
Explorer
in reply to: threeoclock

Thanks three o'clock!
It was a bit of a rant, I know..but I was at wits end and needed solid help...which is why I turned to the forum

I have since been subscribed Xanax and feel much better (learned about it on a different forum)

The windows switch platform suggestion would have certainly made a world of difference at the time. Thanks- I don't feel quite so alone. 😉

I LOVE the Mac and will never go back..unless Apple screws up really bad!

All the best,
Ray

BTW, Does anyone have any recommendations on an electric shaver? Mine went on the blitz..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report