Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems registering my AutoCAD and Revit

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
feichtb
491 Views, 5 Replies

Problems registering my AutoCAD and Revit

When I open my AutoCAD or Revit after downloading the programs, instead of promting me to enter in my registration code, the program asks if I want to open or save a RTEaseReAuthBeginReg.html file. If I close that and press the Activate button, the same file download page pops up. What can I do to fix this, or register the product another way? 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
david.lau
in reply to: feichtb

Are you able to use a broswer download of the software?  

You will need to uninstall it and re-install it using the browser download of the software.

David Lau
Message 3 of 6
feichtb
in reply to: david.lau

I am trying to download the student edition. I do not have a subscription account so I cannot do browser download. 

Message 4 of 6
david.lau
Message 5 of 6
feichtb
in reply to: david.lau

I did the instructions on the page. I was able to enter the serial number when downloading but when I opened AutoCAD for the first time it still wanted to open the same html file. 

Message 6 of 6
feichtb

Fixed the problem. I did not have internet explorer installed, only google chrome. I Installed internet explorer and made it a default browser, and I was able to open the programs.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report