Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
joetee
228 Views, 1 Reply

Problems installing

Okay, so this is now around about the 10th time I've tried installing 3ds max (No joke) and everytime its failed. I've even tried leaving my laptop on over night while it downloads... doesn't help. 1st things first our internet is crap. mondo crap. But in theory that should only make the download take longer and not bug up the whole thing. Heres the problems i run into.

1: The 'Install now' gets downloading to a certain point and then it just gives up and its always during  the Material Libary. To help i thought i'd remove all of the add ons like the backburner and composite etc. but that didn't do anything. The strange thing is its always been at different points. The first time I tried It got through about 155mb, then 250, now its stopped at 220. After this point the download just refuses to install anymore and download any furthur. at all. Even after a 5 hour wait (Was not enjoying it). It does EVENTUALLY say that the download failed, and when i try to reinstall using 'Install now' it says that the connection between my laptop and the website is broken and it won't start.

2:The download option is even worse. The download barly even starts before it self aborts. Numerous times. 😕

3: The second download option.... after leaving my laptop on all night, the download finally completes, starts.... fails. try again:same aftermath.

I seriously need to install max for Uni, and soonish. As I said I have mondo-plop internet and i'm not sure if thats the problem (please don't just say it is). I've tryed turning off my firewall (only have what comes with windows) and tried openeing the ports. not a difference. As you can imagine after 10 attempts i'm annoyed and exhasusted. I just want this to work. rather I need this to work. Please help. :'(

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: joetee

Welcome to the community.

Try downloading it from the virtual agent:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21889745&linkID=9240617

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report