Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems downloading educational version of Revit 2105

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
ewilde1406
546 Views, 11 Replies

Problems downloading educational version of Revit 2105

Hi - my first post here! I am a UK student and I am trying to download Revit 2015. Using Install Now, the initial file downloads ok but then it will not open and I keep getting a "Connection Failure" message. Firewall is off, I am using as administrator and I havet moved anything. I have been given the serial number and product key. What am I doing wrong?

wrong?  Screenshot 2014-06-24 15.12.40.png

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
camilo.lemos
in reply to: ewilde1406

Hi @ewilde1406 , welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Please, disable your anti.virus programs in addition to your firewall and download the program from our Virtual Agent linked here (select Download Links, choose program and version, and use the serial number provided by the Education Community to activate the program).

I hope this helps!

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 12
ewilde1406

*Hi Camilo*- I have managed to download and install the Revit 2015 program.

But, it is saying my product key is invalid.

The program runs, I have a 30 day trail and the serial number is accepted but I cannot activate.

What should I do?

*Elanor Wilde*

Message 4 of 12
ewilde1406
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hi Camilo - whoops it would appear that I downloaded Revit Architecture 2015 not Revit 2015. I will download and intall this and try the licence number and product key again and hope it works this time.

Elanor Wilde. 

Message 5 of 12
ewilde1406

....and I now see that I can download as an education copy Revit Architecture 2012 so I will try that too.

Elanor Wilde. 

Message 6 of 12
ewilde1406

Hello Camilo.

I have performed a full uninstall of Revit Architecture 2015 but now it just will not allow me to install the education versions of either Revit 2015 or Revit Architecture 2012. Keeps telling me that install failed. But at least the product code worked! Loosing the will on this now - what can I do?????

Elanor.

Message 7 of 12
camilo.lemos

Hi Elanor,

Sorry to hear about this.

Could you please post a screenshot of the error you're seeing now? That first screenshot was very helpful:)

Thanks!

Camilo Lemos

Message 8 of 12
ewilde1406

Hi Camilo,

I have attached a screenshot and as you can see I have had a complete failure to install.

I have uninstalled all of Revit Architecture 2015 which did load, install and run but only as a 30 day trial.

I now realise that the education version is 2012.

No idea why I cannot get anywhere with Revit 2015 beyound communication failure even downloading from the virtual site.

Very frustrating.

Screenshot 2014-06-25 15.05.08.png

Message 9 of 12
camilo.lemos

Got it.

Please, try this Accepted Solution created by our Expert Elite @TravisNave 

This should help:)

Camilo Lemos

Message 10 of 12
ewilde1406

Hi thanks for that suggestion. I believed I had removed all traces of 2015 but maybe not. However, I am now trying it as a download now method for Revit 2015. This seems to be working and I will let you know how I get on. I presume if I can get Revit 2015 to work there is no point in my trying to get Revit Architecture 2012 to work?

I am also trying to get Revit Architecture 2012 to download to my laptop but this is a much slower machine than the main family computer which is an i5 running Windows 8 64 Bit.

Elanor.

Message 11 of 12
ewilde1406

I have got Revit 2015 to owrk on our main computer. Many thanks! Now trying to get Revit Architecture 2012 to work on my laptop.

Is there a way to access all the other 12 componets of the full Revit Architecture 2015 for educational use, or do I have to make do with 2012?

Elanor

Message 12 of 12
jessica.t

Hi @ewilde1406 ,

You may want to post your product specific question in the Revit forum for best results! Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report