Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems activating Maya on OSX

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
496 Views, 1 Reply

Problems activating Maya on OSX

I've had Maya since 2005, on different computers, and never have had an issue till now.  Some how with this new Mac, which is just bought, during the activation process Mac is creating an empty uninstall directory.  On top of that, the activation process seems to be flawed, as I can connect to the autodesk website, get my aw_MayaCP2008license.dat, but then it fails after that because it either has trouble locating the directory /var/flexlm/ or it has trouble authenticating the feature snippets in the aw.dat file.

Here is the License Installation Report:

Installing from license file /Users/Name_of_User/Desktop/aw_MAYACP2008enlicense.dat.

Input license contains 1 license(s) matching this computer.

License #1

Attempting Installation to license file: /var/flexlm/aw.dat

Successful Operations:

(none)

Warnings:

(none)

Errors:

Feature MayaComplete on line 2 of source file /Users/Name_of_User/Desktop/aw_MAYACP2008enlicense.dat was compared with feature MayaComplete on line 1 of destination file /var/flexlm/aw.dat. Both features are equivalent.

End of license installation report.

First of all, my directory setup follows the default directory setup from the settings from the install process.

Macintosh HD > Applications > Autodesk >

Maya2008

PCW

Where is the directory /var/flexlm supposed to be located?  And error says that both features are equivalent, I don't see how that would be a problem?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

I would run the following commands in a Terminal located in /Applications/Utilities:

sudo chmod -R 777 /var/flexlm

open /var/flexlm

Then make a directory in that folder called "old" and move the /var/flexlm/aw.dat file into the 'old' folder and restart the Maya licensing wizard and input the license file again.

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report