Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with installing

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
rakkas
1092 Views, 21 Replies

problem with installing

hi. i am using windows 7 ultimate 64bit. i am trying to install autodesk 2014 and i am getting an error which has no log report. but while i was observing the installation, i found out where it is giving the error. it is in the begining between installing DirectX runtime and misrosoft visual c++ redistributable packace. i tried to uninstall c++ and install autodesk and i didnt work. and then i install c++ again and tried to install autodesk but having the same issue again. i added the screenshot . i hope i can get an answer as quick as possible because i cant do my job because of this problem... thanks for now

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
emily.xu
in reply to: rakkas

Hi Rakkas

Wecome to autodesk disscussion group!

As for your issue, because no log file, I can just give your some suggestions to try:

1  Try to install DirectX manually from the installation media (3rdParty\DirectX\DXSETUP.exe), see if you can install this component

2  Try to remove all the VC++ from control panel from high to low version, then install them manually from 3rdParty folder.

If you can go through above steps, then try to run autodesk installation.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 3 of 22
rakkas
in reply to: emily.xu

thanx for quick answer. i tried to install directx and started to installing autodesk afterwards. but after the screen which i attached here, its coming to the step "microsoft visual c++ redistrubutable 2008 x86" then it gives error. i cant understand why it is trying to use x86? my system is 64bit. should i uninstall every vc++ and install them manually anyway?

Message 4 of 22
rakkas

there you can see my vc++ 

Message 5 of 22
emily.xu

No need to uninstall all VC++, as you got the exact version. Just uninstall VC++ 2008 x86 from control panel. Then you can try run autodesk installer again, see if works.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 6 of 22
rakkas

i saw on the list that x64 has 4 different version of vc++. now as manually i installed 2 other versions of x86 vc++. so now i am trying again to install autocad. hope it helps 😉

Message 7 of 22
rakkas

nope it didnt work. it is installing directx runtime, then its going the install vc++ x86, suddenly it is going to directx runtime and in one or two seconds after, the same error... i am gonna remoev all the x86 now and try again

Message 8 of 22
rakkas

still the same error with no log file.... help me please. SOS

Message 9 of 22
rakkas

by the way the program package that i am tring to install is autodesk production design suite standart 2014 x64
Message 10 of 22
emily.xu

Can you try to use another local admin user to login your system and install the product?  I recommend to use the default ‘Administrator’ to install, also turn off UAC if you're using Windows 7 OS and the anti-virus application.

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 11 of 22
rakkas

i did all of those, not working ...
Message 12 of 22
emily.xu

There is another advanced way you can try: modify the setup.ini file to ignore any thing with VC++(fAs you have all the versions of VC++ installed). This article is for .net, but will be similar to VC++.

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 13 of 22
rakkas

but the problem occurs when it is tring to install directx run time. because it passes vc++ x86, then it goes again with directx run time. and there the error comes up. so i dont think anymore that the problem is about vc. maybe its because of directx. but i have reinstalled that too. so i am totally desperate here :s

Message 14 of 22
emily.xu

You can also try to modify the setup.ini file to delete DIRECTX from PREREQUISITE of the product.

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 15 of 22
rakkas

how can i do that?
Message 16 of 22
rakkas

i deleted every "directx" in prequisities lines. but now i am getting the error directly 🙂 it started to come even earlier
Message 17 of 22
rakkas

do you know how the installation queue goes? what should install right after directx and vc++? i guess there is my problem
Message 18 of 22
rakkas

i took some screen shots. the first one is the begining, the second one is when it checks vc++, then the third one coming up. i dont have that ones shot but its the same with first one, full bar with directx run time. and then the 4. one comes with error...

Message 19 of 22
TravisNave

This will be easier to verify if you post your log file.  It does exist if you look for it in your %TEMP% folder.  It will be a text file with your product name and a .log extension.  You can sort by date to find it. 

Start > Run > %TEMP%

run_temp.jpg

I have multiple articles listed on how to resolve installation problems like this. Let's start narrowing it down. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 20 of 22
dembkod

rakkas ,

Hello. Make sure you have admin privileges and if you do and are still not installing, create a new user account with admin rights and try to install again. Turn off your Antivirus and open your task manager and make sure the antivirus is turned off completely.

If you still cannot install at this stage, do you have Microsoft Visual C++ entries installed in your Control panel? Are you able to uninstall them? Uninstall all 2005, 2008, and 2010 entries. The try to install.

If you are still having issues, make a backup copy of the Setup.ini file from your install directory and then edit the setup.ini file. Replace all instances of PREREQUISITES with #PREREQUISITES to comment out this option. Save the file and then try to install.

If you install, you will have avoided installing all the prerequisites for the program and will need to manually install them.

These will be in the install folder in the \3rd party folder.

Go in the NET folder and find the exe files and run them.

Go in the x64\VCRedist\ folder and install the different entries

Do the same in the x86 folder.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report