Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with installing Revit Structure 2013

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jeroendewind
540 Views, 3 Replies

Problem with installing Revit Structure 2013

Hi,

I have a problem while installing Revit Structure 2013. I am using the install from harddrive and my computer runs windows 8.

When the install says 6/9 remaining, a pop-up shows with the text: "Preparing Revit Content" Screenshot 1

It keeps loading for a while, but then the install-program tells me that the installation has failed Screenshot 2.

I have googled it offcourse, but the guide I found did not work (this one). The screenshots are in dutch, but I think you'll understand them. Firs of all I set the bar on low Screenshot 3 to make sure, and I've added *.Autodesk.com Screenshot 4 on the pop-up when I click on website. Jjust *Autodesk.com (without the dot)did not work. I also changed from Firefox to Internet Explorer to be my main-browser to make sure these settings work.

Hope someone can help me,

Jeroen

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Lineabove
in reply to: jeroendewind

As far as I am aware Revit Structure 2013 is not supported with Windows 8.

Do a Google search for Autodesk products and Windows 8.

Trust this helps.

Message 3 of 4
jeroendewind

Thanks, assumed it would be allright but apparently it's not.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19048377&linkID=9240617

Message 4 of 4
jeroendewind

I've searched some on internet and also asked around. Apperently its officially not supported, but like most other programs, it should work on W8. Anyone here who knows what to do? I think now that the problem is more the 'Preparing Revit Content' pop-up instead of my W8.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report