Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with AutoCAD LT product key reactivation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
PIC_Gregory
1109 Views, 2 Replies

Problem with AutoCAD LT product key reactivation

Hello all.

I am the local IT worker at my employer.  Recently, one of our user's computers was infected with malware.  His computer was quickly removed from the network and his hard drive put in to storage.  We have since set him up with a new computer and a copy of AutoCAD LT.  However, we cannot reactive his license.  I browsed the support sections on the Autodesk website and saw a tool that will reactive the license.  The problem is, we have about 10 order forms with the serial numbers on them, and we don't know which one we used on his computer.  Obviously we would not want to mistakenly alter any current working licenses.  

We attempted to start up his computer while not connected to the network.  And while we can get his previous desktop up and running, we can't find anywhere in the AutoCAD program any mention of what his serial number may have been.  He has been running in trial mode for the past 28 days and it is about to expire, which causes unnecessary problems for him.  

Is there a way we can see which licenses have been in use over the past month, or a way to find out the serial number used on the machine via some AutoCAD menu or by looking within the registry?

-Greg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
philip.s
in reply to: PIC_Gregory

Hello PIC_Gregory,

If you still have access to the old machine / software, type ABOUT into the command prompt and the serial number will display in the upper left hand corner along with a product information link (which also contains the serial number) in the upper right hand corner.

In the case that you run into an activation issue or error, please utilize this web form / live chat to receive an activation code or corresponding assistance.

Please let me know if you need additional information, or accept as a solution if this fully resolves your inquiry. 

Message 3 of 3
PIC_Gregory
in reply to: PIC_Gregory

Thank you!

I was able to get the license number and put in a request.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report