Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with 3D Max and Revit 2012 License

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
prashant.savalia
267 Views, 1 Reply

Problem with 3D Max and Revit 2012 License

I bought a 1year subscription and a standalone license from SHI last year for Autodesk 3D Studio Max 2012. I had it installed on my work machine, then they had to upgrade my OS. The machine stayed the same, just the OS changed. I went to reinstall it, and it wouldn't let me. It would only let me install it as a trial. It kept telling me the license was invalid. I know the subscription expired, but does that affect the license too? Do I need to renew the subscription to keep the license going? I also had a problem with my Revit software package, also 2012. It was working fine. Then all of the sudden my files wouldn't open, the program would crash at random times, I would get out of memory exception errors. I looked up the error code online and at the Autodesk forums and tried to reinstall the software but it did the same thing. It only let me install as a trial. It works now, but only as a 30 day trial. Can someone please help?!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

If you have installed the software using the original serial number and product key and it will not auto-activate, you will need to manually activate the software:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/05/general-licensing-getting-an-activation-code-manu...

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report