Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem returning licences

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
javierp
248 Views, 7 Replies

problem returning licences

Hello there.
We got an unusual problem.
We got 5 licenses of ACAD 2006, and 4 instances installed. Today we try to install the fifth instance, but we received the error -4, which is "no more licenses" error.
We check the FLEX at our server, and saw that one instance was twice, with different workstation names, the same user at two different machines (one was scl012 and the other scl12).
This happen when that computer was formatted.
We return the original name to the machine, but our license server is still "seeing" two machines.

My question is, should I wait until all workers stop drawing and stop the server?, or is it normal?, or should I do something else?. I don't know if I was clear about the problem, Cause I'm not a native english speaker, but I do my best.
Any clues??. Many thanks!
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: javierp

Do you know where the force server shutdown button is?

John Postlewait
IS Department
George Butler Associates, Inc.
Message 3 of 8
javierp

You gotta be kiddin' me. OF COURSE.
Is that the solution? or anything else...???
Message 4 of 8
TravisNave

Exactly. Stop the FlexLM service and restart it. Just check the Force Server Shutdown box first. Any stuck licenses will be released.

If they are still there after that, you have a hung process on the client machine. Just reboot it.

Consider using an adskflex.opt options file with a TIMEOUT variable for your license. Instructions are in the LM user guide.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 8
javierp

Many thanks!
I'll do that!!!
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks Travis for picking this up for me. Got busy and forgot about this thread.

John Postlewait
IS Department
George Butler Associates, Inc.
Message 7 of 8
TravisNave

You've covered mine many times. I figure if I haven't answered something here, you've likely taken care of it.

Is there anything we haven't solved?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 8 of 8
javierp

lol
too much flowers!
Many thanks both of you for your time!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report