Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem on Autodesk Robot 2014 License

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tmartins
523 Views, 2 Replies

Problem on Autodesk Robot 2014 License

Hi, I have an Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional 2014 license (Students Version) and i'm running on a Macbook Pro. To use Autodesk Robot 2014 i installed it on the Boot Camp partition and, initially, i had no problems using it. After some time, i started to run that Boot Camp partition in virtualization softwares (Parallels and VMWare Fusion) for light "weight" jobs in Robot. That's when my problem with licenses started... Now, when i open Robot it asks me for the license activation and after i select the option "connect now and activate" it tells that i reached the activation limit on the computers number (Error 10). I think it's strange because, although i use the SO virtualization sometimes, it's always the same partition, the same windows license and no other software has the same problem (including AutoCAD 2014). Hope you can help me solving this problems. Regards, Tomé Martins
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
philip.s
in reply to: tmartins

Hello and welcome to the community!

Currently not all of our products are supported to run on a Mac in a virtualized environment or Windows partition, including Robot Structural Analysis. This definitely could be one of the reasons for the reactivation issue. For a complete list of support products, please check out this Mac Compatibility page.

I'm not sure that this would work but possibly worth a shot would be removing all licensing info from your machine. Specifically by removing the following: 

Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8:
C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data
C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data.backup

Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data.backup

Mac:

/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/adskflex_*.data
/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/adskflex_*.data_backup

This will trigger all Autodesk software to be reactivated. In the event a reactivation limit error message occurs when activating the software, please contact our License Assistance Team for direct support.

Please let us know if that works!

Message 3 of 3
philip.s
in reply to: tmartins

Hello and welcome to the community!

Currently not all of our products are supported to run on a Mac in a virtualized environment or Windows partition, including Robot Structural Analysis. This definitely could be one of the reasons for the reactivation issue. For a complete list of support products, please check out this Mac Compatibility page.

I'm not sure that this would work but possibly worth a shot would be removing all licensing info from your machine. Specifically by removing the following: 

Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8:
C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data
C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data.backup

Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data.backup

Mac:

/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/adskflex_*.data
/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/adskflex_*.data_backup

This will trigger all Autodesk software to be reactivated. In the event a reactivation limit error message occurs when activating the software, please contact our License Assistance Team for direct support.

Please let us know if that works!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report