Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

cepegra
Message 1 of 3 (746 Views)
Accepted Solution

Problem licensing server maya 2013

746 Views, 2 Replies
09-05-2012 05:57 AM

I have download maya 2013 and installed the licensing server. But it is impossible to receive a license /

The client receive

A valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager  error -15.570.0

in the licensing server, I received the information in perform diagnostics :

this license cannot be checked out because: a PACKAGE componennt must be specified. Flexnet licensing error -125,147

Thank you

The diagnostics is misleading.  Do not use that functionality in the LMTOOLS.

Assuming you got the license .LIC file from Autodesk/Reseller and configured LMTOOLS properly, you should be in good shape.  If the license manager and the client are on the same machine, then you're likely experiencing an IPv6 issue or firewall port blocking.  This is especially true on Windows 7 or Server 2008 installations.

For more information about Network License Manager connectivity issues and IPv6, please see my discussion post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982864

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 2 of 3 (737 Views)

Re: Problem licensing server maya 2013

09-05-2012 08:45 AM in reply to: cepegra

The diagnostics is misleading.  Do not use that functionality in the LMTOOLS.

Assuming you got the license .LIC file from Autodesk/Reseller and configured LMTOOLS properly, you should be in good shape.  If the license manager and the client are on the same machine, then you're likely experiencing an IPv6 issue or firewall port blocking.  This is especially true on Windows 7 or Server 2008 installations.

For more information about Network License Manager connectivity issues and IPv6, please see my discussion post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
james
Message 3 of 3 (638 Views)

Re: Problem licensing server maya 2013

11-16-2012 02:36 AM in reply to: cepegra
I had this problem. Turning the firewall off on the license server solved it. It was only the remote clients that were having this problem.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.