Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Launching Industrial Design Suite without administrator rights

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Logos_Atum
195 Views, 2 Replies

Problem Launching Industrial Design Suite without administrator rights

Hello There, i have a question concerning the priviliges needed for Industrial Design Suite to run correctly,

as we encountered problems when running it without administrator rights. Which priviliges does an user need to run it without errors?

Best wishes

Daniel Thringer

Dogs aren´t flammable.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: Logos_Atum

It is typically recommended that users have local administrator or power user rights on their machines.  This is not to be confused with domain admin rights.  Local administrator privilege does not circumvent domain OE policies, it simply elevates the privileges needed to access additional resources on the client machine.  There is no reason not to give your engineers access to their machines.  Any additinal domain policy GPO will still be enforced and no additional enterprise rights are extended to local administrators on your domain.  If the program behaves with the appropriate elevated rights, then assign those rights as needed. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
Logos_Atum
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you very much - this will avoid problems in the future.

I am thankful for the administrator privileges this "error" gave me 😄

Dogs aren´t flammable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report